Re: [Y-Mail] Re: CAPCHA!?!?

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
      I've seen it from time to time, though I can't say what "too often" would be :P

      mark_risher wrote:

      Hi, all:
      The anti-abuse team is indeed looking into these reports, Ryan. If
      you, loyal members of the Y-Mail group, are prompted to enter a
      CAPTCHA on a frequent basis, please do let us know. We are always
      working hard to keep the bad guys from stealing good guys' accounts.
      Occasionally an innocent message is going to look suspicious to us --
      perhaps because it was sent to a large number of recipients or
      contained some fishy (or "phishy") contents.

      If you believe you are being asked to verify yourself through a
      CAPTCHA too often, please use the following form to report it:
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/abuse_smtp.html

      Hope that helps!

      -- Mark R., Spam Czar

    • Mario Sergio M. Santos
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
        E-mail is sent.
        Hope they will fix it soon.

        Mario Sergio.

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
          Do my messages look "normal" when you get them, or are they wrapped in a wierd way? When I get them, sometimes they're normal & sometimes they're wrapped :P This is driving me nuts!
        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
            Well, that one seems ok.... not sure why others are not :P If anyone has an answer to this, I'd appreciate it! If there's anything I can do on my end, let me know!
          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
              Just testing with new settings.... If you don't mind, let me know how it looks on your end. I hope this works out.... I hate when my messages don't look the way I send them!

            • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                Yours always look "normal", including this one attached

                Regards,
                Rafael E.

                Do my messages look "normal" when you get them, or are they wrapped in a wierd way? When I get them, sometimes they're normal & sometimes they're wrapped :P This is driving me nuts!
              • Kenneth
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                  I see you're using Gmail and are having problems with wrapping.  Isn't this a Yahoo! Mail group?  You might want to ask your questions at a Gmail user group.  You could join one at Gmail-Users@....

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                    it's always looked fine here.
                    Are deserting Yahoo Mail? I thought that was only in the event of Microsoft buying Yahoo...

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                      All your recent messages have wrapped properly in my inbox. For the most part, the emails that seem to have wrapping problems in my groups either have a long link included that stretches the width of the text block, or have copy/paste content, or include forwarded text with formatting issues. Otherwise, for the most part the ads don't cover the text. There are exceptions, but yours were fine.

                      Robin Siegel
                      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                        That's good to know.... I hope it stays that way! I guess only time will tell....

                      • Sasafrass
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                          Relax, I was just testing things out.... If the problem still occurs, I'll ask at the Gmail group that I'm a member of. Don't worry, I never spam.... Especially groups that I own :P

                        • Sasafrass
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                            Nope, I'm not leaving Yahoo.... Yet. Only if M$ takes over Yahoo.... I had to switch over to Gmail for other reasons, that I couldn't avoid.

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
                              Good to know, cheers!

                              Nope, I'm not leaving Yahoo.... Yet. Only if M$ takes over Yahoo.... I had to switch over to Gmail for other reasons, that I couldn't avoid.

                            • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 3, 2009
                                I see both, but it's not only Yahoo or Yahoogroups mail; it's pretty much any incoming mail. Also, many times when I reply to a message, the original message is really wrapped messily. I really dislike that!

                                --- On Mon, 2/2/09, Sasafrass <cheesequeen452@...> wrote:
                                > Do my messages look "normal" when you get them, or
                                > are they wrapped in a wierd way? When I get them, sometimes
                                > they're normal & sometimes they're wrapped :P
                                > This is driving me nuts!
                              • Sasafrass
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 3, 2009
                                  I've tried everything on my end to fix it.... I set Thunderbird to plain
                                  text, removed my signature, & even reply without quotes. I don't think
                                  that was enough, so you're probably right that it's not entirely on my end.