Re: Smarter Inbox

  • Lloyd Haskins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
      I don't know about everybody else, but I don't like having my social
      network be the same as my email service. I like it that I don't have to
      show my email address in Facebook if I do not want to.

      Yah, I'm also not a big fan of making people that want to be in my
      connection have to get a Yahoo! login. Again, Facebook wins on that
      one.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Lee <ryaniclee@...> wrote:

      > from what i've seen the invite send does work, its just people may not
      be responding.
      > With all the social networks out there, they're probably bombarded
      with this type of invites all day.
      > Not knowing what Y! profile or contacts are, they probably ignored
      them.

      > ________________________________

      request to invite people to connect and the list of suggested
      connections is the same. When I've tried to invite others, the
      invitations won't send and I'm not sure the ones I've invited are
      receiving their invitations because I've gotten zero response from them.
      It seems to me to still be an early beta, but I do like the idea.

      > ________________________________

    • sarahksmom
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Haskins" <lmhaskins@...> wrote:

        > I don't know about everybody else, but I don't like having my social
        > network be the same as my email service. I like it that I don't have
        > to show my email address in Facebook if I do not want to.

        AMEN to that! I was at a Y!Groups Town Hall meeting this past summer
        when they demoed all the new functionality they were proposing, and my
        comment was that they were trying to be FB. I thought it was an
        interesting idea then, but the practical reality is that I like to
        keep these functions separate, as well. Nevermind, that the Y!G team
        doesn't have even as much of a clue as FB as to how to implement these
        changes, and anybody whose been on FB for the last year knows how
        [ummm] awkward FB's developers are at rolling out changes.

        > Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of making people that want to be in my
        > connection have to get a Yahoo! login. Again, Facebook wins on that
        > one.

        Yeah, all I really want out of Y! is my address book to update
        correctly when I add someone... I'll decide if we're "connected." FB
        has a better handle on the nuances of privacy, but it is hopeless at
        mail and discussion group management. I'd hate for Y! to give up what
        it's good at in an attempt to be FB, because it might be even worse at it.

        Miriam Solon
        sangha-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Miriam Solon
      • Sasafrass
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
          Ok, I have now verified that group messages are NOT being delayed(at the moment). Apparently, Gmail just has a wierd way of managing incoming messages :P