Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Chrome and Yahoo Mail

  • Stephen Byers
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 17, 2009
      Actually, I am using the non-Beta version.  After some Googling I found that there is a known bug with the latest release that is causing the problem.  Sounds like some problems with regression testing.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 18, 2009
        When are they going to fix it?  I have switched back to Firefox until they fix it because I can't forward or reply to any emails in Chrome the last few days and it is extremely frustrating.

        Cheers,
        Tai

        "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."

        ~Albert Schweitzer

        Actually, I am using the non-Beta version.  After some Googling I found that there is a known bug with the latest release that is causing the problem.  Sounds like some problems with regression testing.

        Actually, Chrome is not in beta. That's not to say the user wasn't
        using a beta version when they experienced the problems.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "jmchaur" <jmchaur@... > wrote:

        > Chrome, as with most things google created, is still a beta product
        > (gmail is still beta after HOW many years?). I can't think of any
        > online service that will add it to the list of supported browsers
        > until it's finally (if ever) out of beta. Except maybe gmail beta :D

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "colifis" <gomark06@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A couple of weeks ago Yahoo mail started doing strange things in
        > > Chrome for me too. When I would reply the top portion of the email
        > > would be blank. I don't think Chrome is an officially supported
        > > browser so I didn't complain.
        > >

        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Stephen Byers <smbyers@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Mail used to work fine with Chrome except for a different
        > > when sorting folders. Recently (with no upgrade to Chrome that I
        > know
        > > of) things are missing like the button to display images in the
        > email
        > > and sometimes the entire top part when sending a new email. Anyone
        > > else having issues using Chrome lately with Y! Mail? I've tried the
        > > normal clearing of the cache, but it doesn't help.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks

      • jmchaur
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 18, 2009
          I was unaware. Thanks for the heads up. I still won't use it as it
          chokes on the number of tabs I regularly have open (300+ right now in
          4 instances of Firefox, and yeah, I know I'm rather insane about my
          tabs but I really, really do mean to read them...someday).

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mljameson@...> wrote:

          > Actually, Chrome is not in beta. That's not to say the user wasn't
          > using a beta version when they experienced the problems.
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jmchaur" <jmchaur@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Chrome, as with most things google created, is still a beta
          product
          > > (gmail is still beta after HOW many years?). I can't think of
          any
          > > online service that will add it to the list of supported browsers
          > > until it's finally (if ever) out of beta. Except maybe gmail
          beta :D

          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "colifis" <gomark06@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > A couple of weeks ago Yahoo mail started doing strange things in
          > > > Chrome for me too. When I would reply the top portion of the
          email
          > > > would be blank. I don't think Chrome is an officially supported
          > > > browser so I didn't complain.

          > > > when sorting folders. Recently (with no upgrade to Chrome that
          > > know
          > > > of) things are missing like the button to display images in the
          > > email
          > > > and sometimes the entire top part when sending a new email.
          Anyone
          > > > else having issues using Chrome lately with Y! Mail? I've
          tried the
          > > > normal clearing of the cache, but it doesn't help.

        • Mario Sergio M. Santos
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 19, 2009
            Don't use that buggy browser that reads the private information of yours.
            I'm worried about everything on Google, they do rock yeas, but I'm still worried!

            Try Safari! that's still webkit!

            Mario Sergio.

            Actually, I am using the non-Beta version.  After some Googling I found that there is a known bug with the latest release that is causing the problem.  Sounds like some problems with regression testing.

            Actually, Chrome is not in beta. That's not to say the user wasn't
            using a beta version when they experienced the problems.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "jmchaur" <jmchaur@... > wrote:

            > Chrome, as with most things google created, is still a beta product
            > (gmail is still beta after HOW many years?). I can't think of any
            > online service that will add it to the list of supported browsers
            > until it's finally (if ever) out of beta. Except maybe gmail beta :D

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "colifis" <gomark06@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A couple of weeks ago Yahoo mail started doing strange things in
            > > Chrome for me too. When I would reply the top portion of the email
            > > would be blank. I don't think Chrome is an officially supported
            > > browser so I didn't complain.
            > >

            > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Stephen Byers <smbyers@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Yahoo! Mail used to work fine with Chrome except for a different
            > > when sorting folders. Recently (with no upgrade to Chrome that I
            > know
            > > of) things are missing like the button to display images in the
            > email
            > > and sometimes the entire top part when sending a new email. Anyone
            > > else having issues using Chrome lately with Y! Mail? I've tried the
            > > normal clearing of the cache, but it doesn't help.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks

          • James
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 19, 2009
              I've had this issue before. It was annoying, but I was able to
              quickly resolve it by switching to the [Home] tab then back to the
              glitch tab.

              This issue was fixed for me on Y!Mail v2.0. I got the fix w/ the apps
              features sign-up (which puts you on f318). The fix should be rolled
              out to everybody at some point. However, for those anxiously waiting,
              I'd suggest signing up for the new apps features (and the fix as well)
              at...

              http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/oops

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Mario Sergio M. Santos"
              <mariosergio.santos@...> wrote:

              > Don't use that buggy browser that reads the private information of
              yours.
              > I'm worried about everything on Google, they do rock yeas, but I'm
              still worried!

              > Try Safari! that's still webkit!
              >
              > Mario Sergio.

            • James
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 19, 2009
                Oh yeah, and Chrome's the greatest browser on the planet (this from a
                loyalist Yahoo! fan)