New Yahoo! Mail Changes since Christmas not Good

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009
      It used to be that whenever I would get to the new My Yahoo! Mail
      Page, I would have the "Home" tab giving me my inbox statistics as
      well as the current weather conditions.

      However, there are now times where I get that awful "Welcome" tab and
      that pain-in-the-butt option to add all these e-mail addresses to my
      list, which I do not like at all and have complained about that.

      About the only way I can bypass this and get to my "Home" tab is to
      switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and then switch again to All-New
      Yahoo! Mail.

      What can be done to fix this to the way it was, where whenever I
      clicked on Mail in my quicklaunch on My Yahoo! page, it would
      automatically take me to the "Home" tab all the time like it used to
      and not that gawd-awful "Welcome" page? It was fine with the "Home"
      tab and it makes no sense to change this, or give the user the chance
      to choose which tab greets them when they open the New Yahoo! Mail.

      Please let us know and if there is any further information you need
      from me, let me know.

      Sincerely,
      Michael Goolsby
      californicatedcoloradoan@...
    • Brent
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
        Go to Options, Mail, General and uncheck the second item down (Enable Connections) and it will return to normal.

        Brent

        On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Michael <californicatedcoloradoan@...> wrote:
[...]

           mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
          Why not go to mail options and deselect the option to

          Enable Connections:Enable Connection-related features (Messages, Suggestions, Updates)

          that will reinstate the "Home" tab.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <californicatedcoloradoan@...> wrote:

          > It used to be that whenever I would get to the new My Yahoo! Mail
          > Page, I would have the "Home" tab giving me my inbox statistics as
          > well as the current weather conditions.
          >
          > However, there are now times where I get that awful "Welcome" tab and
          > that pain-in-the-butt option to add all these e-mail addresses to my
          > list, which I do not like at all and have complained about that.
          >
          > About the only way I can bypass this and get to my "Home" tab is to
          > switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and then switch again to All-New
          > Yahoo! Mail.
          >
          > What can be done to fix this to the way it was, where whenever I
          > clicked on Mail in my quicklaunch on My Yahoo! page, it would
          > automatically take me to the "Home" tab all the time like it used to
          > and not that gawd-awful "Welcome" page? It was fine with the "Home"
          > tab and it makes no sense to change this, or give the user the chance
          > to choose which tab greets them when they open the New Yahoo! Mail.
          >
          > Please let us know and if there is any further information you need
          > from me, let me know.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Michael Goolsby
          > californicatedcoloradoan@...

        • Ashley Nunn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
            On my thing where it say hello so and so Or my name it say Hi Ashley
            or it could be so and so like a person name mine I can't chat with
            other. I do understand you.I knowtist myself.
            I don't complan about I just take it as it is don't worry pretty soon
            the company with do something about i don't work for them I am sorry
            to say it I have my onw problem myself for sure --- In

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Brent <flapdoodle@...> wrote:

              > Go to Options, Mail, General and uncheck the second item down
              (Enable
              > Connections) and it will return to normal.
              >
              > Brent
              >
              > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Michael
              <californicatedcoloradoan@...
              > > wrote:
              >
              > > It used to be that whenever I would get to the new My Yahoo! Mail
              > > Page, I would have the "Home" tab giving me my inbox statistics as
              > > well as the current weather conditions.
              > >
              > > However, there are now times where I get that awful "Welcome" tab
              and
              > > that pain-in-the-butt option to add all these e-mail addresses to
              my
              > > list, which I do not like at all and have complained about that.
              > >
              > > About the only way I can bypass this and get to my "Home" tab is
              > > switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and then switch again to All-
              New
              > > Yahoo! Mail.
              > >
              > > What can be done to fix this to the way it was, where whenever I
              > > clicked on Mail in my quicklaunch on My Yahoo! page, it would
              > > automatically take me to the "Home" tab all the time like it used
              > > and not that gawd-awful "Welcome" page? It was fine with
              the "Home"
              > > tab and it makes no sense to change this, or give the user the
              chance
              > > to choose which tab greets them when they open the New Yahoo!
              Mail.

              > > Please let us know and if there is any further information you
              need
              > > from me, let me know.
              > >
              > > Sincerely,
              > > Michael Goolsby
              > > californicatedcoloradoan@...

              I have found the option and have turned it off. We will see if it
              works. Thank you.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mljameson@...> wrote:

                > Why not go to mail options and deselect the option to
                >
                > Enable Connections:Enable Connection-related features (Messages,
                > Suggestions, Updates)
                >
                > that will reinstate the "Home" tab.
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <californicatedcoloradoan@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > It used to be that whenever I would get to the new My Yahoo! Mail
                > > Page, I would have the "Home" tab giving me my inbox statistics as
                > > well as the current weather conditions.
                > >
                > > However, there are now times where I get that awful "Welcome" tab
                and
                > > that pain-in-the-butt option to add all these e-mail addresses to
                my
                > > list, which I do not like at all and have complained about that.
                > >
                > > About the only way I can bypass this and get to my "Home" tab is
                > > switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and then switch again to All-
                New
                > > Yahoo! Mail.
                > >
                > > What can be done to fix this to the way it was, where whenever I
                > > clicked on Mail in my quicklaunch on My Yahoo! page, it would
                > > automatically take me to the "Home" tab all the time like it used
                > > and not that gawd-awful "Welcome" page? It was fine with
                the "Home"
                > > tab and it makes no sense to change this, or give the user the
                chance
                > > to choose which tab greets them when they open the New Yahoo!
                Mail.

                > > Please let us know and if there is any further information you
                need
                > > from me, let me know.
                > >
                > > Sincerely,
                > > Michael Goolsby
                > > californicatedcoloradoan@

                I found the option and have unchecked it. We will see if this
                works. If I do not update this post within the next week (the
                problem will continue to pop up faster than that--like the next time
                I open Yahoo! Mail) please presume that this issue has been
                resolved. I wish somebody had this documented somewhere. I work in
                Technical Support and find that it is one of my biggest headaches,
                even when my own company does not post the simple stuff like this.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 11, 2009
                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ashley Nunn" <sencitivegirl@...>
                  wrote:

                  > On my thing where it say hello so and so Or my name it say Hi Ashley
                  > or it could be so and so like a person name mine I can't chat with
                  > other. I do understand you.I knowtist myself.
                  > I don't complan about I just take it as it is don't worry pretty
                  soon
                  > the company with do something about i don't work for them I am sorry
                  > to say it I have my onw problem myself for sure --- In
                  > Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <californicatedcoloradoan@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > It used to be that whenever I would get to the new My Yahoo! Mail
                  > > Page, I would have the "Home" tab giving me my inbox statistics
                  as
                  > > well as the current weather conditions.
                  > >
                  > > However, there are now times where I get that awful "Welcome" tab
                  and
                  > > that pain-in-the-butt option to add all these e-mail addresses to
                  my
                  > > list, which I do not like at all and have complained about that.
                  > >
                  > > About the only way I can bypass this and get to my "Home" tab is
                  > > switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic and then switch again to All-
                  New
                  > > Yahoo! Mail.
                  > >
                  > > What can be done to fix this to the way it was, where whenever I
                  > > clicked on Mail in my quicklaunch on My Yahoo! page, it would
                  > > automatically take me to the "Home" tab all the time like it used
                  > > and not that gawd-awful "Welcome" page? It was fine with
                  the "Home"
                  > > tab and it makes no sense to change this, or give the user the
                  chance
                  > > to choose which tab greets them when they open the New Yahoo!
                  Mail.

                  > > Please let us know and if there is any further information you
                  need
                  > > from me, let me know.
                  > >
                  > > Sincerely,
                  > > Michael Goolsby
                  > > californicatedcoloradoan@

                  Most companies do not that kind of approach unless there is enough of
                  their customer's screaming about it. I have found Mark's suggestion
                  and have applied that. Now I am testing to see if that works. If I
                  do not post anything new in the next week, please presume this issue
                  resolved.

                  Thank you.