Zenbe has some good ideas ...

  • gc_grp
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2009
      I came across Zenbe, and i think yahoo could get some tips for their
      interface from here:

      http://www.zenbe.com

      zenbe seems to have a compact and simple interface to use, and i think
      this is something that yahoo wants to achieve.

      I hope Yahoo employees still pay attention to this group .... yahoo
      mail needs to update more often with useful and simple features. If
      Yahoo employees do still pay attention, please post once in a while on
      the group!
    • bobapower
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
        Thanks for sharing.
        The screenshots for Zenbe looks nice and I think YMail will ultimately
        offer something like that.
        While Zenbe looks slick, I don't think it looks any simpler.
        The social features of Ymail are in its early stages and hopefully it
        will improve drastically over time, especially with feedback like this.

        Note this forum isn't run by Yahoo! even though some of the mail team
        does monitor the group.

        Thanks!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gc_grp" <gcnews@...> wrote:

        > I came across Zenbe, and i think yahoo could get some tips for their
        > interface from here:

        > http://www.zenbe.com
        >
        > zenbe seems to have a compact and simple interface to use, and i think
        > this is something that yahoo wants to achieve.
        >
        > I hope Yahoo employees still pay attention to this group .... yahoo
        > mail needs to update more often with useful and simple features. If
        > Yahoo employees do still pay attention, please post once in a while on
        > the group!

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
          Thank you for the suggestions. I found the option under "General" that
          Mark wrote will suppress my problem tab and hope that this works. I
          will let you know.

          I did a search for such a solution and neither found a description of
          my problem or a documented solution and that is why I posted. It's
          always been on of my biggest beefs with anybody's Technical Support
          that there never is sufficient documentation around when it's needed.

          If you don't hear from me further, presume that I have resolved this
          issue and have moved on. Otherwise, I will be posting.

          Thank you all for your feedback thus far.

          Sincerely,
          Michael Goolsby
          californicatedcoloradoan@...
        • Bob Picard
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
            Hello All...

            ---- On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 bobapower <ryaniclee@...> wrote ----

             >                     Thanks for sharing.
             >  The screenshots for Zenbe looks nice and I think YMail will ultimately
             >  offer something like that.
             >  While Zenbe looks slick, I don't think it looks any simpler.
             >  The social features of Ymail are in its early stages and hopefully it
             >  will improve drastically over time, especially with feedback like this.

            I have been using / trying a combination of Yahoo, Gmail, Zenbe and Zoho.  And, I have been using Zoho as my primary service as of late.  I really enjoy the integration and usability of the apps.  The email interface is very similar to Yahoo's, includes unlimited storage, etc.

            Be sure to check it out at:

            http://www.zoho.com

            Bob
          • gc_grp
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
              If yahoo were to offer something like Zenbe or Zoho (Zoho's interface is
              really snappy and fast!), I would be very happy. Yahoo mail really feels
              like it is lagging behind its competitors. I'm sure yahoo staff has some
              great ideas, but they need to implement them in a more expedient
              fashion. The only reason I haven't switched to another service is b/c
              the hassle I'd have to go through to move my email and such.

              Why doesn't yahoo mail have a suggestions board like groups, or maps, or
              travel? Maybe they should put one up so we can send feedback directly to
              developers.