Upped to apps,f318, suggestion to all Y!Mail users /Re:

  • James
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
      Well, it seems my prior bug has been fixed now that I'm on the
      embedded app featured Y!Mail update (w/ social features as well).
      Checking w/ the good ol alt+click Y!Mail logo I get that I'm on f318.
      This is pretty awesome because if the traditional update method holds,
      I'll be the very first to get new releases. I remember waiting month
      after month for the embedded IM features. From now on I'm set!

      I suggest anyone interested in having the newest features in Y!Mail
      sign up for the apps at...
      http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/oops
      ...Regardless of your interest in the apps, signing up should mean
      being the first to experience future new features. Of course, this
      can mean greater bug risk, so it is not for everybody. However, I
      have seen countless posts on this group by users (myself included)
      anxiously waiting to see the latest release pushed to their farm.

      f308
      v2.0.0
      b1254

      (accessed via beta.mail.yahoo.com)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <jakk9406@...> wrote:

      > Hmm, so before it used to say f308 in part of the url in the info
      box
      > from alt+clicking the Y!Mail icon. Now it says...
      >
      > cg27.c803.mail.sp2.yahoo.com
      >
      > What's that mean? Am I still on f308?
      >
      > Also, I've been getting an odd bug where I click "New Message" and
      the
      > tab comes up titled but empty (no To/CC, or other toolbars).
      Clicking

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
        James, thanks.
        Are you on 318 or 308? I'm on v 2.0.0 on 318 build 1254, and have the new apps but no social features. I'd quite like to see what they're like.

        Well, it seems my prior bug has been fixed now that I'm on the
        embedded app featured Y!Mail update (w/ social features as well).
        Checking w/ the good ol alt+click Y!Mail logo I get that I'm on f318.
        This is pretty awesome because if the traditional update method holds,
        I'll be the very first to get new releases. I remember waiting month
        after month for the embedded IM features. From now on I'm set!

        I suggest anyone interested in having the newest features in Y!Mail
        sign up for the apps at...
        http://overview. mail.yahoo. com/oops
        ...Regardless of your interest in the apps, signing up should mean
        being the first to experience future new features. Of course, this
        can mean greater bug risk, so it is not for everybody. However, I
        have seen countless posts on this group by users (myself included)
        anxiously waiting to see the latest release pushed to their farm.

        f308
        v2.0.0
        b1254

        (accessed via beta.mail.yahoo. com)

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "James" <jakk9406@.. .> wrote:

        > Hmm, so before it used to say f308 in part of the url in the info
        box
        > from alt+clicking the Y!Mail icon. Now it says...
        >
        > cg27.c803.mail. sp2.yahoo. com
        >
        > What's that mean? Am I still on f308?
        >
        > Also, I've been getting an odd bug where I click "New Message" and
        the
        > tab comes up titled but empty (no To/CC, or other toolbars).
        Clicking
        > the Home/Welcome tab then clicking the Compose tab fixes it.
        >
        > Y!Mail v1.5.0 b1156.77
        > Google Chrome 1.0.154.42
        >
        > Thanks,
        > James

      • James
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
          I'm on 318. I used to be on 308, and that's where I originally got
          the social features, but after finding them not very useful, disabled
          them. I still have access to the social features on f318, but I keep
          'em disabled. I always use beta.mail.yahoo.com for the latest apps
          update. Do you use beta.mail.yahoo.com?

          Have you tried enabling them in Mail Options > General > Enable
          Connection Related Features. I have found this change to not come
          into effect until reloading mail, so check the box, hit [Save], and
          then hit your browser's refresh. Do you have the option.

          If not, I wonder why you wouldn't have the features. What browser/OS
          ya using? What country you in? What URL you accessing mail at?