Any progress on the date sort failure thing?

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
      It's driving me crazy having to constantly go back and reverse the sort every time I go back to the Inbox or other folder views. But now that Ryan is gone from this group, is anyone with Yahoo listening?

      Robin Siegel
      Power Yahoo Mail user (used to mean something!)
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
        I just switched over to New Mail and there I find that the sort order holds when you go from folder to inbox and back. Hmmm. So I guess it's just another sneaky ploy to get us to abandon the ease of Classic Mail and suffer the high-maintenance "progress" of New Mail. What a surprise.

        Robin Siegel
        Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
          It its still messed up....Hopefully the next build will have it corrected again.

          Chuck
        • Zachary Fisk
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
            There is some issue with this "feature". Folders used to be independent, I could new messages on top for my inbox, and at the bottom for my Y-mail group folder. Then it started preserving the setting between folders, it was corrected for a short time but now I notice today it's back to preserving the setting. That is if I sort reset y-mail to have the newest on the bottom when I click back to inbox it will have the newest on the bottom. Very annoying, however I bet some people prefer this, thus I would like to see it as an option.

            Zachary Fisk

            "All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times;but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly,till they take root in our personal experience."
            -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
            (1749-1832)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

              > It's driving me crazy having to constantly go back and reverse the
              sort every time I go back to the Inbox or other folder views. But now
              that Ryan is gone from this group, is anyone with Yahoo listening?

              > Robin Siegel
              > Power Yahoo Mail user (used to mean something!)
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/

              I'm hoping they fix this soon as it is really annoying. Every time I
              load up the Yahoo Mail page I have to click the size header and then
              the date header to get the Inbox to sort correctly.

              All my group folders sort correctly if I have the sort set up for
              oldest to newest, but not the Inbox.

              I'm still on 1156.77 or 1254 (for the beta mail page). Both are
              broken. I was told this would be fixed, but there hasn't been a new
              build since I reported it.
            • morac1974
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 16, 2009
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@> wrote:
                > >
                > > It's driving me crazy having to constantly go back and reverse the
                > sort every time I go back to the Inbox or other folder views. But now
                > that Ryan is gone from this group, is anyone with Yahoo listening?
                > >
                > > Robin Siegel
                > > Power Yahoo Mail user (used to mean something!)
                > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/
                > >

                > I'm hoping they fix this soon as it is really annoying. Every time I
                > load up the Yahoo Mail page I have to click the size header and then
                > the date header to get the Inbox to sort correctly.
                >
                > All my group folders sort correctly if I have the sort set up for
                > oldest to newest, but not the Inbox.
                >
                > I'm still on 1156.77 or 1254 (for the beta mail page). Both are
                > broken. I was told this would be fixed, but there hasn't been a new
                > build since I reported it.

                This appears to be fixed in the 1.5.0 (1156.82) and 2.0.0. (1275) builds.