Re: [Y-Mail] Re: @!#$@ Grouply SPAM

  • Nancy J
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2008
      I'm managing very well with Grouply. First by opting out (easily done -- without any problems) for the groups that I manage or help to manage, and then ignoring/deleting the invites. I don't like Grouply SPAM, but it's managable.

      I believe that Grouply chose the opt out instead of opting in because there are so many owners like myself who would have ignored the service if I hadn't been FORCED to deal with it! I personally wish that Yahoo had found a way not to have us deal with Grouply (especially if Yahoo isn't making money on the service), but that ship has sailed and Grouply is here. I say, don't let it bother you. Delete, delete, delete the invites, and encourage your group owners to opt out.

      L8!

      Nancy J
      "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
      lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
      www.cindyalexander.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
        Just scroll down to the forwarded part and use the delete key or
        backspace key to delete the e-mail addresses that someone who didn't
        know how (or was to lazy) to use the BCC function included for all to see.

        (FYI - This doesn't work if you don't have your e-mail set up to have
        the original message appear as inline text.)

        Hope this helps & have a Happy New Year!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

        > I received a forwarded message that included some photos. I'd like
        to forward this, so the photo stay intact, but I want to delete out
        all the email addresses and some of the extraneous text which is in
        the body of the message. Is there anyway to do this? Appreciate any
        ideas. cheers, Cindy

        > Obedience is a lifestyle...
        > Melanie...Border Collie mix
        > Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
        > Gimli...Vindarne's Lord of the Rings...Norwegian Elkhound

      • Robin Siegel
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009
          I've found that this technique can sometimes be buggy. Unless I complete whatever text I want to add to the forwarded email before I scroll down to delete portions of the forwarded text, I can't do it afterward. Once I finish editing the forwarded portions, sometimes my cursor seems to disappear entirely. Not always - I'm not sure what controls it.

          Robin Siegel
          Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/