Re: Mail Open Strategy nonsense (?)

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2008
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd Haskins" <lmhaskins@...> wrote:

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <mjk4984@> wrote:
      > >
      > > [etc., etc.]
      > >
      > > Personally it's not worth the hassle so I disabled connections in
      > Yahoo.
      >
      > So how'd you disable connections? So far all that I've done is to
      > toggle View > Show Quick Filter Bar, and that makes that View All or
      > From Connections thingy go away. Instead of Connections, I do filters
      > to have important stuff go to important folders.

      I guess I should clarify that I disabled in on the Yahoo Mail page by
      going into the options and unchecking the "use connection" check box.
      Apparently there is no way to completely disable "conenctions" from
      showing up in other areas on Yahoo and bugging you to invite people,
      but at least you can turn off updates.

      Basically Yahoo is trying to be like Myspace or Facebook. To me that
      is not a good thing.