New changes to Y Mail (and more)

  • gpollara
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
      Thought people would be interested to read...and comment on!
      http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/12/15/yahoo-announces-next-steps-in-open-strategy/
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
        Interesting.... Can't wait to try the new toolbar!

        gpollara wrote:
        Thought people would be interested to read...and comment on!
        http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/12/15/yahoo-announces-next-steps-in-open-strategy/

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • guillaumeim
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
          keep logging in/out/clearing cache nothing shows up . My account is
          set to USA
        • fiction_scribe
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
            The filtering messages just to show the ones from one's connections is
            nice, if all one's e-mail of interest comes from people with Yahoo
            Mail addresses and are people you want as "connections" anyway.

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
              "Certain social features (welcome tab enhancements related to
              Connections and Updates) launch in the United States and Australia
              today. US users are required to have a new profile.

              "The open applications will begin limited beta testing in the United
              States today at beta.mail.yahoo.com."

              The link to http://beta.mail.yahoo.com just opens my "new" Yahoo! Mail
              inbox with no discernible changes.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" <gpollara@...> wrote:

              > Thought people would be interested to read...and comment on!

              http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/12/15/yahoo-announces-next-steps-in-open-strategy/

            • Mario Sergio M. Santos
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 15, 2008
                It is on here.

                Mario Sergio.
                São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                  Huh? Do you mean you have it? Where do I get it?

                  Mario Sergio M. Santos wrote:
                  It is on here.

                  Mario Sergio.
                  São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                    I don't know i just figured it out I had it last night when I read the first message on this topic.
                    Kinda adding people right now and updating my profile and contacts.

                    http://profiles.yahoo.com/mariosergio.santos

                    Mario Sergio.
                    São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                    Huh? Do you mean you have it? Where do I get it?

                    Mario Sergio M. Santos wrote:
                    It is on here.

                    Mario Sergio.
                    São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                      I don't know i just figured it out I had it last night when I read the first message on this topic.
                      Kinda adding people right now and updating my profile and contacts.

                      Anyway this is my built info:
                      Version 1.5.0 build:1156.76 - built on 12/12/2008 02:35 PM

                      Mario Sergio.
                      São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                      Huh? Do you mean you have it? Where do I get it?

                      Mario Sergio M. Santos wrote:
                      It is on here.

                      Mario Sergio.
                      São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                      Interesting.... Can't wait to try the new toolbar!
                    • Sasafrass

                        Huh? Do you mean you have it? Where do I get it?

                        Mario Sergio M. Santos wrote:
                        It is on here.

                        Mario Sergio.
                        São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                        Interesting.... Can't wait to try the new toolbar!
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                          Yes exactly, I thought that too. What about non-yahoo email addresses. I wonder whether you can filter for those too. For example just for people who email you most frequently.

                          Also, am I correct in understanding that it will only track people on the yahoo social network? It's going to take a lot to drag people away from facebook now. Having seriously useful apps (rather than largely fun ones on facebook) like Flickr and wordpress is the only way they'll get people using the yahoo network more than they are already. A word processor would really help I think. A tie up with zoho would be ideal I think.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                            Let up know what the speed of it is like. On blog comments people have complained it's slow. A bit worried about that as they've made significant speed upgrades since original beta. Would be a shame to take a step back on that. At the end of the day it's got to be foremost a fast and easy email application. The rest is a bonus.

                            Huh? Do you mean you have it? Where do I get it?

                            Mario Sergio M. Santos wrote:
                            It is on here.

                            Mario Sergio.
                            São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                              Ah I don't like toolbars.
                              I think they are annoying.

                              Mario Sergio.
                              São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 16, 2008
                                I noticed my Yahoo Mail notified me that I should add "connections".
                                Curious as to what this was I clicked on the connections link which
                                took me to my new beta profile. I then clicked "updates" and found
                                that Yahoo was telling EVERYONE about everything I do on Yahoo by default.

                                I had to go and change about 40 drop down boxes from "ANYONE" to "NO
                                ONE" since unchecking the "Share my updates" checkbox didn't disable
                                the drop down boxes under All Yahoo Sources.

                                If Yahoo was going to add this, they should add least have the default
                                share settings to your connections instead of ANYONE.

                                BTW changing everything to NO ONE apparently broke the profile since
                                now all Yahoo sources show up as displayed by default and nothing is
                                under the "Show All Yahoo Sources!" menu.

                                Finally sending out invitations doesn't work. I figured I'd test it
                                to see what an invitation looks like, but I never received any of the
                                invitations I sent out to any of my other email accounts.