Block by IP address or IP range?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
      Why can't I block email by IP address or IP range? That would be a much more effective way of dealing with spam than blocking by the always-forged enelope "From" field.

      On a related note; I wish Yahoo would use SpamCop's Blocking List:

      http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/297.html

      but I suppose the odds of that happening are slim.

      -Paul.
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2008
        Better yet, would be a filter to delete any emails that are NOT from someone in your address book. That's the main reason I use Thunderbird....

        Paul wrote:
        Why can't I block email by IP address or IP range? That would be a much more effective way of dealing with spam than blocking by the always-forged enelope "From" field.

        On a related note; I wish Yahoo would use SpamCop's Blocking List:

        http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/297.html

        but I suppose the odds of that happening are slim.

        -Paul.

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2008
          That wouldn't be anywhere near as useful as IP address filtering for me.

          -Paul.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2008