New Yahoo Home Page

  • niteflite73
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008
      I have Yahoo set as my home page on all 3 of my computers, a few days
      ago my Yahoo page changes to the new layout with the URL as
      http://m.yahoo.com Can anyone tell me why my other 2 computers still
      default to the old Yahoo page layout?

      Thanks
    • Mario Sergio M. Santos
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008
        It is a random test. You're lucky!
        Wish I had it too here...

        Mario Sergio.
        São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008
          I was wondering the same, I am in the same situation. I can only assume
          it uses a cookie on the specific computer, as it is not tied to the user
          ID as one would expect.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "niteflite73" <niteflite73@...> wrote:

          > I have Yahoo set as my home page on all 3 of my computers, a few days
          > ago my Yahoo page changes to the new layout with the URL as
          > http://m.yahoo.com Can anyone tell me why my other 2 computers still
          > default to the old Yahoo page layout?
          >
          > Thanks

        • Paul Rogers
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 27, 2008
              isn't that the yahoo mobile home page?
              The new mobile home page can be found at http://beta.m.yahoo.com. Personally I find it a bit slow and I'm still using the old one

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2008
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "niteflite73" <niteflite73@...> wrote:

                > I have Yahoo set as my home page on all 3 of my computers, a few days
                > ago my Yahoo page changes to the new layout with the URL as
                > http://m.yahoo.com Can anyone tell me why my other 2 computers still
                > default to the old Yahoo page layout?
                >
                > Thanks

                c i think sumone has changed the address in the bar n homepage being
                the same yahoo but with a different name like ymail, classic, avatars
                etc
                the best thin i can advice u is to set yahoo again as the homepage
              • jmchaur
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 28, 2008
                  this blog post talks about testing a new home page, so that's
                  probably what you are seeing:

                  http://ycorpblog.com/2008/11/20/ebay-joins-our-homepage-test/

                  Like most tests, it's probably released on a per account basis, so if
                  you are signed into different accounts on the different machines,
                  that would make a difference.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "niteflite73" <niteflite73@...> wrote:

                  > I have Yahoo set as my home page on all 3 of my computers, a few
                  days
                  > ago my Yahoo page changes to the new layout with the URL as
                  > http://m.yahoo.com Can anyone tell me why my other 2 computers
                  still
                  > default to the old Yahoo page layout?
                  >
                  > Thanks

                • morac1974
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2008
                    It's definitely tied to a cookie since I'm seeing the new page on one
                    Firefox profile on my machine, but not on another one despite being
                    logged into the same Yahoo ID in both profiles.