Blackberry Storm and Yahoo

  • noari1
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
      Does anyone know if it will be possible to sync my Yahoo calendar and
      contacts with the upcoming Blackberry Storm. I am considering getting
      the Storm, which will be my first Blackberry, so I am not familiar with
      syncing availability between Yahoo and Blackberries. I have a cell
      phone now but a serious shortcoming is the getting my yahoo mail pushed
      to the phone and also it will not sync with Yahoo.

      Thanks
    • guillaumeim
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
        If you get a BIS options you'll get push Yahoo! Mail
        You can sync the yahoo addressbook by plugin your phone and setting up the Blackberry
        application..that actually very well done.

        However the calendar does not sync. i'd be interested to get it on my Bold as well
      • sysadminkc-YMail@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
          Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software I can sync my BlackBerry Curve with my Yahoo Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notepad.  I have heard that the new Yahoo Calendar beta will not sync yet though.

          --Kendall
          "There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
            Thank you for the reply. Just for my own clarification, what is "BIS"
            please?

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "guillaumeim" <guillaume.belfiore@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
              BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service, an option to subscribe to
              with your mobile operator to be able to setup one or several email
              addresses so that the server pushes the messages to your phone

              obviously, the new calendar has broken event notes and tasks for me

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "noari1" <noari1@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for the reply. Just for my own clarification, what is
              "BIS"
              > please?
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "guillaumeim" <guillaume.belfiore@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > If you get a BIS options you'll get push Yahoo! Mail
              > > You can sync the yahoo addressbook by plugin your phone and
              setting
              > up the Blackberry
              > > application..that actually very well done.
              > >
              > > However the calendar does not sync. i'd be interested to get it on
              my
              > Bold as well

            • noari1
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
                I did pick up a Blackberry Storm and it will sync as you indicated. I am using the Beta Calendar on Yahoo and whenever it gets to syncing with the Calendar it loses connection. Anyone else have a Storm and trying to sync with Yahoo?

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, sysadminkc-YMail@... wrote:

                > Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software I can sync my BlackBerry Curve with my Yahoo Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notepad.  I have heard that the new Yahoo Calendar beta will not sync yet though.
                >
                > --Kendall
                > "There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

              • guillaumeim
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 5, 2009
                  You currently cannot sync the new calendar and the new notepad to the Blackberry. ast I heard yahoo! is working on a more advanced syncing (caldav) .

                  As far i am concerned i'm looking forward to sync everything over the air, after all, google does that. Crossing my fingers.