Can't move non-spam from bulk folder

  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2008
      I sent some email out to a group, including BCCs for myself. The BCCs arrived in my Bulk folder, so I checked both and tried to move them to the appropriate folder. One of the messages transfered into the folder, the other did not. I've tried moving this message three or four times but it won't budge from the spam folder. Any ideas?
      cheers, Cindy C-R

      Obedience is a lifestyle...
      Melanie...Border Collie mix &
      Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
    • Robert
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2008
        Unfortunately I don't have any helpful suggestions, but coincidentally
        I had just come to the group page to rant about the same problem
        myself, when by coincidence I saw your message as the newest message
        posted here.

        In fact, I've noticed the same issue in the past, going back months
        ago, at least, the first time. But prior to now, it had only been
        messages still in my bulk folder which had actually been received more
        than 30 days earlier, which unfortunately is the longest period that
        Yahoo allows one to choose to keep messages in said folder. So even
        though these messages were still in the Bulk folder, I assumed it was
        only because they were more than 30 days old that I couldn't move
        them. However, today I've found two non-spam messages in my Bulk
        folder (one sent to myself from a different email address and the
        other a legitimate opt-in newsletter), the first having arrived on
        October 20th and the second on October 23rd -- hence, both well under
        30 days old -- and I'm having the same issue with them. Not that I had
        any reason to believe it was at all likely to be a browser-related
        issue, but just to be thorough, I tried moving them in both Internet
        Explorer and Firefox with the same (non)result.

        Fortunately my Yahoo account is only a backup account and these aren't
        "critical" messages. But this is just one reason of many that I would
        have to see a LOT of improvement in Yahoo's email before I'd ever even
        remotely consider using it, either free or paid, as my primary email
        address, just being one of many examples of why Yahoo still sucks,
        just as it always has (and although it still has shortcomings of its
        own, Gmail still leaves Yahoo "in the dust", both in terms of features
        and basic reliability, in my personal experience).

        Robert

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2008
          I decided to see if I could move the message by opening it, then checking "Not spam". When I opened it, the body of text disappeared. The subject line changed from the title I'd given it to "[No Subject]".

          Incidentally, even after clicking "not spam", I still couldn't move the message from the Bulk folder to the Inbox or the folder I want to put it in. Cindy

          --- On Thu, 11/6/08, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:
          > I sent some email out to a group, including BCCs for myself.
          > The BCCs arrived in my Bulk folder, so I checked both and
          > tried to move them to the appropriate folder. One of the
          > messages transfered into the folder, the other did not.
          > I've tried moving this message three or four times but
          > it won't budge from the spam folder. Any ideas?
          > cheers, Cindy C-R
          >
          > Obedience is a lifestyle...
          > Melanie...Border Collie mix &
          > Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
            I assume you're talking about Yahoo! Classic Mail.  I can drag an email from the Spam Folder to any other folder just fine in the All New Yahoo! Mail.