iCal and Verizon Yahoo!

  • daynelloconor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      Does anyone have Verizon Yahoo! and tried to sync the calendar with
      iCal? I tried but its not working correctly. I tried contacting Yahoo!
      and they said the problem is on Verizon's and they say vise vera.
    • Todd Richardson
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
        In keeping with Verizon tradition, they prefer to limit your features
        to force you to use something they make you pay for. I would guess
        there is a paid service to do what you are trying to do, so Verizon
        wants you to use that. That's why they take free features off their
        phones and charge you for a software equivalent they provide.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "daynelloconor" <spongefan@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have Verizon Yahoo! and tried to sync the calendar with
        > iCal? I tried but its not working correctly. I tried contacting
        Yahoo!
        > and they said the problem is on Verizon's and they say vise vera.

      • jmchaur
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          iCal only works with the new beta calendar. if you have the old
          calendar it won't work.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "daynelloconor" <spongefan@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have Verizon Yahoo! and tried to sync the calendar with
          > iCal? I tried but its not working correctly. I tried contacting Yahoo!
          > and they said the problem is on Verizon's and they say vise vera.

        • herbert.wang
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "daynelloconor" <spongefan@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have Verizon Yahoo! and tried to sync the calendar with
            > iCal? I tried but its not working correctly. I tried contacting Yahoo!
            > and they said the problem is on Verizon's and they say vise vera.

            If you are not on the Calendar beta you will not be able to sync with
            iCal. It should say Beta in the logo at the top left. That being
            said we are still preventing Verizon Yahoo users from the beta until
            the product is more mature.
          • blackmac2k8
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
              Any news on when the new Calendar will be released? :)