Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Feeds being removed from New Mail

  • Michael Taylor-Judd
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 1, 2008
      You can add feeds from many sources to MyYahoo...

      Michael 8-)

      "Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers." --Barack Obama

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 3, 2008
        Sure, but my point was my yahoo is a link aggregator, not a reader
        like Google Reader, or any of the other free or paid tools made to
        be a READER, and not a landing page.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Michael Taylor-Judd
        <mickymse.geo@...> wrote:

        > You can add feeds from many sources to MyYahoo...
        >

        > Michael 8-)
        >

        > "Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation;
        we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a
        Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers." --Barack Obama

        > ________________________________

      • Chuck Neuenschwander
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 28, 2008

           hi
          I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx 250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
        • Brent
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 29, 2008
            Set up a Yahoo Group for your newsletter. You can make it so you are the only one who can send to the group. Also, you can made the group so you must approve all new members or you can hide the group so only a person you invite can join the group.  You can add your current mailing list to the group but only 50 per day.

            On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Chuck Neuenschwander <annandchuck@...> wrote:

             hi
            I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx 250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?

          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 29, 2008
              If the recipients have a size limit for their email, I don't think there's anything you can do other than making the newsletter smaller. Size limits are decided by the email provider, so either they increase the limit, or your recipients have to look for an email provider that offers more space.

              Chuck Neuenschwander wrote:

               hi
              I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx 250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
            • Shal Farley
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 29, 2008
                Chuck,

                That's something you can do easily with a Yahoo Group.

                It isn't very hard to set up and run a newsletter type of group. Just create the group and configure it so that only the moderators (you) can post messages. Then use the Add feature (on the Invite page) to copy/paste your email list into the group. I did that to jump-start communications with about 300 of my high-school classmates prior to our 30th reunion.

                The Help link (upper right on the Groups page) will point you to all the information you need. See especially the "Yahoo Groups tips and tricks" link on the help page to contact other group moderators to ask questions and get advice.

                -- Shal
                Moderator, Yahoo! Group of Groups
                <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yahoo_group_of_groups/>

                At 07:20 PM 11/28/2008, you wrote:

                >I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx
                >250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size
                >limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
              • ROSE BABY
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 29, 2008
                  TRYMSN

                  ----------

                  I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx 250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
                • Mario Sergio M. Santos
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 30, 2008
                    MSN is a headache!

                    Mario Sergio.
                    São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                    From: Chuck Neuenschwander <annandchuck@ yahoo.com>
                    To: <Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com>
                    Date: Fri, Nov 28, 2008 07:20 PM

                     hi
                    I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx 250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?

                  • fiction_scribe
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 30, 2008
                      Your advice is right on the money. There is no reason to struggle to
                      make Y! Mail do what Y! Groups is designed to do.

                      Miss Fiction Scribe
                      |><)))*>
                      PS Thanks for mentioning the Yahoo Group of Groups! in your sig line.
                      (I joined under the Y!ID associated with a couple of my groups.)

                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 2, 2008
                        good suggestion.
                        I got my problem solved for now by importing my address book
                        into my att.yahoo account, using my ISP's email.
                        they are a bit more liberal there, than Yahoo.plus
                        for number of emails per day
                        and number of BCCs at a time....
                        \
                        thanks all for the suggestions.

                        -Chuck

                        From: Shal Farley <shalf@...>
                        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 1:33 PM

                        Chuck,

                        That's something you can do easily with a Yahoo Group.

                        It isn't very hard to set up and run a newsletter type of group. Just
                        create the group and configure it so that only the moderators (you) can post
                        messages. Then use the Add feature (on the Invite page) to copy/paste your email
                        list into the group. I did that to jump-start communications with about 300 of
                        my high-school classmates prior to our 30th reunion.

                        The Help link (upper right on the Groups page) will point you to all the
                        information you need. See especially the "Yahoo Groups tips and
                        tricks" link on the help page to contact other group moderators to ask
                        questions and get advice.

                        -- Shal
                        Moderator, Yahoo! Group of Groups
                        <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yahoo_group_of_groups/>

                        At 07:20 PM 11/28/2008, you wrote:

                        >I would like to use BCC to send a weekly newsletter to approx
                        >250 local residents. Tried to do it in Yahoo and ran into size
                        >limits on recipients. Any suggestions on where I can do this?

                            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      • Les d'souza
                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 3, 2008

                          From: Shal Farley <shalf@verizon. net>
                          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com
                          Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 1:33 PM

                          Chuck,

                          That's something you can do easily with a Yahoo Group.
                          <http://groups. yahoo.com/>

                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join

                          mailto:Y-Mail- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                          mailto:Y-Mail- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com