Re: Single click opening email

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2008
      I noticed this new feature recently.
      Seems the single-click opens the email in a new tab when the
      mail-preview is not open. Clicking on the subject opens the email.
      Clicking elsewhere on the email (e.g. sender, etc) only highlights it.
      I'm using Firefox by the way.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Lee <ryaniclee@...> wrote:

      > which browser are you using?
      >
      > I have Firefox, and single clicking a mail doesn't open it for me.
      >
      > Try clearing your browser cache/files to see if they fixes any funny
      behavior.

      > ________________________________

      email at the bottom of the list in a folder to choose it in order to
      maneuver further down the list. I receive hundreds of emails a day,
      and only a certain amount fit per page of course.

      > But in the last few days, I notice that when I single click on an
      email, it opens. Agggh. Then I have to close it, to then move down
      the list using the arrows.

      > I seem to remember that opening was always double click. If that
      has changed, Ryan, please tell the powers that be, that some of us
      need that double click to open. Okay, I-I-I-I -- MEMEMEME -- I need
      the double click. Otherwise, it hampers my moving through several
      pages of email from just a single day. If I have several days -- like
      today -- because I've been ill -- it makes it very diffuclt to go
      through the pages and pages of email that I have.

      > L8!
      >
      > Nancy J
      > "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
      > lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
      > www.cindyalexander. com
      >
      > http://www.myspace com/ordinaryfool isnj

    • sean.yinc
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2008
        You have to have your reading/preview pane turned off. . .

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Lee <ryaniclee@...> wrote:

        > which browser are you using?
        >
        > I have Firefox, and single clicking a mail doesn't open it for me.
        >
        > Try clearing your browser cache/files to see if they fixes any funny
        behavior.

        > ________________________________

      • Michael Taylor-Judd
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2008
          Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the new hyper-linked "subject" lines either!

          Michael 8-)

          "Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers." --Barack Obama

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2008
            I just wish changes that are so directly going to impact everyday
            use were explained upfront - release notes or something. it took me
            a couple of hours (not of constant use, checking email periodically)
            before I figured out to select an email without opening it by
            clicking anywhere but the title.

            Why does that matter? becasue sometimes I hand sort based on sender
            before I even read it... but they kept opening on me... So I had to
            mark them as non read and use the Actions list to move them to the
            proper folder instead of dragging them.

            And why mark them unread? That's how I track emails I need to go
            look into, I do that becasue folders only alert you to unread, NOT
            to flagged messages inside them.