Re: [Y-Mail] The new Yahoo! Calendar is here

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
      Here's a direct link to try it :) http://switch.calendar.yahoo.com/

      belfioregroups wrote:
      Read the official announcement on Yodel Anectodal

      Looks pretty cool to me

      Let's start the testing guys!

          mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • Sasafrass

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
          What else did you have running at the same time? Can you try it with Firefox?

          Rob Igo wrote:
          Hi Ryan and Group

          I've just tried to run on my work PC which only has 512mb Ram.  it grounds to a halt warning me that a script is making IE run slow.  When I check my task manager, the calender is using 440mb!!  Is this normal - is everybody else doing this?

          Read the official announcement on Yodel Anectodal

          Looks pretty cool to me

          Let's start the testing guys!

        • Rob Igo
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
            on the 2nd pc nothing else at all, even closed the Yahoo Mail tab in IE (which uses up to 50mb).

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
              I tried the new calendar. I tried to put an every two week item (on every other Thursday). It put the later events on Saturday. Also every two weeks should be a simple list choice rather than the counter intuitive putting 2 in under weekly as it is now. Possibly an every x week and every y day choice. When I moved one of the events to Thursday. It told me It would only move one event. It didn't say how to move multiple events.

              Things were also blowing up periodically.

              Howard

            • Sasafrass
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
                Hmm.... I would suggest more RAM, then. That's all I can think of right now.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
                  Hi guys,

                  Looks like you got the news. I'll be posting about it on the YMail
                  Blog soon, but in the meantime I am also happy to collect requests for
                  anyone who was only able to get on the waiting list.

                  If you send me a request at ymailblog1[at]yahoo.com, I might be able
                  to get you guys bumped up in the queue.

                  -Ryan
                • Michael Taylor-Judd
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
                    I've added some more screenshots to the Photos section!

                    Michael 8-)
                  • Michael Taylor-Judd
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008
                      Or you could check out this screencast: http://switch.calendar.yahoo.com/m/demo.php

                      Thanks,

                      Michael 8-)

                      "Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers." --Barack Obama