Re: [Y-Mail] Users on "special" farms

  • T. Freligh
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
      Alt-LeftClick still works.  It gives you three lines of info: version, build, date.  And then the line after it says something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".  That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308 part.  Hope this helps...

      Cheers,
      Tai

      "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

      ~Albert Pine

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2008
        My URL starts http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com and I'm using FF3.0.3 on
        WinXP Pro and the Alt-LeftClick thing didn't work. But Alt-RightClick
        did. Odd.

        version: 1.4.0
        build: 1096.28
        08/19/2008 01:28 PM
        web83501.mail.sp1.yahoo.com

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T. Freligh" <> wrote:

        > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of info:
        version, build, date. And then the line after it says something like
        "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com". That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence
        the web308 part. Hope this helps...

        > Cheers,
        > Tai
        >

        > "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and
        the world remains and is immortal."

        > ~Albert Pine

      • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
          I have a single button mouse, but I decided to try alt-click on the Yahoo logo, but that didn't work. How would I find my farm?

          ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@...> wrote:
          > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
          > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
          > something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".
          > That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
          > part. Hope this helps...
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Tai
          >
          > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@...>
          > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
          > the top left and it would tell you.
          > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
          > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
          >
          > 'farm': '318',
          > which tells me I am on farm 318.
          >
          > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
          > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
          > page.
          >
          > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
          > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
          > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
          > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
          >
          > Vincent
        • Simmie
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
            It didn't work for me either -- IE, Firefox and Opera and I've got a 2-button mouse.

            Simmie

            ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@...> wrote:
            > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
            > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
            > something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".
            > That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
            > part. Hope this helps...
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Tai
            >
            > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@...>
            > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
            > the top left and it would tell you.
            > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
            > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
            >
            > 'farm': '318',
            > which tells me I am on farm 318.
            >
            > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
            > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
            > page.
            >
            > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
            > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
            > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
            > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
            >
            > Vincent

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Vincent Jorrand
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
              Another option is Ctrl-Shift-LeftClick the Help Menu and select About...

              It should give the same pop-up as Alt-LeftClick on the Logo (and for me the logo does not work either when I use a Linux box)

              Vincent

              ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@yahoo. com> wrote:
              > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
              > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
              > something like "web30803.mail. mud.yahoo. com".

              That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
              > part. Hope this helps...
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Tai
              >
              > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@yahoo. com>
              > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
              > the top left and it would tell you.
              > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
              > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
              >
              > 'farm': '318',
              > which tells me I am on farm 318.
              >
              > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
              > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
              > page.
              >
              > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
              > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
              > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
              > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
              >
              > Vincent

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join

              mailto:Y-Mail- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
              mailto:Y-Mail- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            • Simmie
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
                Someone on another list posted recently that the login problem with Yahoo mail is nothing but a scam.

                Since I've had it happen with TWO of my yahoo accounts (oddly enough, both Plus! accounts), I took issue with that.

                What they suggested as a fix was once taken to the login screen where you're asked for your password, to just hit the back button on your browser and you'll find you're still logged in.

                YEGADS.....I was skeptical, but it worked, at least on the one account I tried it on.

                I added hitting the Refresh button on my browser (Firefox) and I found I was still logged in.

                Not an ideal fix, but it takes you back to where you were -- at least for me it did.

                Simmie in San Diego