Latest build

  • Mario Sergio M. Santos
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
      Guys, what is the latest build?
      My farm is 582 and that is my build.

      <!-- Version 1.4.0  build:1096.28 - built on 08/19/2008 01:28 PM -->

      I'm also wondering when the new Calendar arrives.

      Mario Sergio.
      São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR
      http://mariosergio.blogspot.com/

      "Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers." - Barack Obama

    • Vincent Jorrand
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
        Can you update the group database at:
        it seems like only farm 308 and 318 have been updated lately

        Vincent

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
          Anyone can update the database for their farm. Folks on f308 and f318 are the only ones taking the time to keep it up to date.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
            Updated.
            Oh my, there are people with the 1.5...
            I wonder when I'll get that version.

            And yeas, Yahoo! should deliver the updates to everyone, not just some farms.
            Where is the new calendar?

            Do you guys want me to stay with mobileme? I think so.

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
              I'm on farm 308, and I have the same build that Mario says is on farm 582.

              L8!

              Nancy J
              "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
              lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
              www.cindyalexander.com

              http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
                Trust me, Yahoo! knows what they are doing sending updates to just a few farms first. I can't tell you how many times I have had a build updated the very next day because some significant bugs were in it. Some farm only used by employees is used for alpha testing (Ryan Kennedy mentioned being on that farm when he was our Yahoo! contact on this group), farm 318 is pretty much a beta test farm, farm 308 a little further testing, and then the other farms. (I am not a Yahoo! employee, so there are probably other farms I am not aware of) There are bugs that they will not find out just by testing internally and only full scale use by many "real" users will flush those out.

                Vincent

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
                  Well, put me on those farms too then.

                  Mario Sergio.
                  São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
                    I'm still on the fence about MobileMe, so I'm glad the trial still has a couple of months left. I've bought a MacBook Air since signing up for MobileMe (my desktop is a PC, as is my other laptop), so it might be nice to use MobileMe to sync applications on it, but since I'm not convinced it's worth $100/year I haven't done anything beyond playing around with the calendar, because that's really the only place my iPhone is lacking for me. I've figured out enough with the calendar to make it work pretty much the way I use the Google calendar, but there are still problems with it, like that I prefer a weekly view, but MobileMe refreshes back to monthly view every time (I've seen users report exactly the opposite too). And even if the calendar ends up working great, is that alone worth the price? I'd probably use iDisk and some of the other features a bit, but MobileMe Mail is useless compared to Yahoo! Mail Plus.

                    I think I've said it before -- I'd love it if the rumored new Yahoo! calendar had functionality more on lines of the Google calendar (multiple calendars is a must, plus an integrated to-do list that GCal doesn't have would be fantastic) and would sync with my iPhone as wonderfully as Yahoo! Mail does. I'm basically using three services for these things right now (Google Calendar -- which I can't sync with my iPhone's calendar, Yahoo Mail, and Toodledo.com), and I'd love to use one instead. And as high as my early hopes were, I don't think MobileMe is going to be the solution.

                    Kristie

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2008
                      I agree with you Kristie because I think that MobileMe does not worth a $100 bucks but is far better than others around, even Gmail.

                      To me Yahoo! Mail is the best, but without IMAP and a good calendar (this one is such strange and old and does not sync to anything) MobileMe is what I am reaching for even if I have to spend that much for a service that does not worth it, but I have to because it is the one I can sync with my macs at home and pcs at work.

                      My Y! Plus ended last July and I am waiting if something new appears on Y! and if it is not, I'm getting the MobileMe.

                      Still waiting for a decent calendar on Yahoo!

                      Mario Sergio.
                      São Paulo, Santos - SP / BR

[...]

                    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 8, 2008