Users on "special" farms

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are reporting here,
      but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you are on one
      of the advance servers.

      I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of people switched to
      one of our early release farms (back in the days before we were told
      that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one of the
      old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try and call
      that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom of things
      more efficiently.

      If you aren't sure what farm you are on, or if you may have been
      switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry about.

      Thanks,
      Ryan
    • Simmie
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
        How do we find out which farm we're on?

        Simmie
        ever-curious

        > From: Ryan <ymailblog1@...>
        >
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
        > reporting here,
        > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
        > are on one
        > of the advance servers.
        >
        > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
        > people switched to
        > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
        > were told
        > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
        > of the
        > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
        > and call
        > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
        > of things
        > more efficiently.
        >
        > If you aren't sure what farm you are on, or if you may
        > have been
        > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
        > about.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ryan

      • Vincent Jorrand
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
          That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in the top left and it would tell you.
          Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search for the word farm, it will show a like like:
          'farm': '318',

          which tells me I am on farm 318.

          If the source you see does not have the "farm" text in it try to view the source for another part of the page.

          Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)

          Vincent

          > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
          > reporting here,
          > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
          > are on one
          > of the advance servers.
          >
          > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
          > people switched to
          > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
          > were told
          > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
          > of the
          > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
          > and call
          > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
          > of things
          > more efficiently.
          >
          > If you aren't sure what farm you are on, or if you may
          > have been
          > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
          > about.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Ryan

        • T. Freligh
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
            Alt-LeftClick still works.  It gives you three lines of info: version, build, date.  And then the line after it says something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".  That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308 part.  Hope this helps...

            Cheers,
            Tai

            "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

            ~Albert Pine

            > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
            > reporting here,
            > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
            > are on one
            > of the advance servers.
            >
            > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
            > people switched to
            > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
            > were told
            > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
            > of the
            > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
            > and call
            > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
            > of things
            > more efficiently.
            >
            > If you aren't sure what farm you are on, or if you may
            > have been
            > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
            > about.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Ryan

          • Nancy J
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
              Press alt while your mouse is positioned over the Yahoo logo (just before "Mail") to the left of your Info tree, and you will see your build.  I just did it to check mine.

              L8!

              Nancy J
              "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
              lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
              www.cindyalexander.com

              http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

              > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
              > reporting here,
              > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
              > are on one
              > of the advance servers.
              >
              > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
              > people switched to
              > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
              > were told
              > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
              > of the
              > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
              > and call
              > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
              > of things
              > more efficiently.
              >
              > If you aren't sure what farm you are on, or if you may
              > have been
              > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
              > about.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ryan

            • Vincent Jorrand
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
                Yes, you can still see the build info with Alt-LeftClick on the logo. But you used to be able to see the farm number too. Instead of the farm I now see r1.cg.mail.ac4.yahoo.com. No more f318.mail.yahoo.com or whatever it used to be.

                Vincent

                > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
                > reporting here,
                > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
                > are on one
                > of the advance servers.
                >
                > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
                > people switched to
                > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
                > were told
                > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
                > of the
                > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
                > and call
                > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
                > of things
                > more efficiently.
                >
                > If you aren't sure
                what farm you are on, or if you may
                > have been
                > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
                > about.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Ryan

              • Nancy J

                  Yes, you can still see the build info with Alt-LeftClick on the logo. But you used to be able to see the farm number too. Instead of the farm I now see r1.cg.mail.ac4.yahoo.com. No more f318.mail.yahoo.com or whatever it used to be.

                  Vincent

                  > I try to keep an eye on the types of bugs you guys are
                  > reporting here,
                  > but it would be helpful if I could easily identify if you
                  > are on one
                  > of the advance servers.
                  >
                  > I'm told that the other Ryan tried to get a lot of
                  > people switched to
                  > one of our early release farms (back in the days before we
                  > were told
                  > that we weren't supposed to do so). So if you are one
                  > of the
                  > old-timers and you remember asking for a switch, please try
                  > and call
                  > that out in the post. It should help me get to the bottom
                  > of things
                  > more efficiently.
                  >
                  > If you aren't
                  sure what farm you are on, or if you may
                  > have been
                  > switched, that means you probably have nothing to worry
                  > about.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Ryan

                • fiction_scribe
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2008
                    My URL starts http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com and I'm using FF3.0.3 on
                    WinXP Pro and the Alt-LeftClick thing didn't work. But Alt-RightClick
                    did. Odd.

                    version: 1.4.0
                    build: 1096.28
                    08/19/2008 01:28 PM
                    web83501.mail.sp1.yahoo.com

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T. Freligh" <> wrote:

                    > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of info:
                    version, build, date. And then the line after it says something like
                    "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com". That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence
                    the web308 part. Hope this helps...

                    > Cheers,
                    > Tai
                    >

                    > "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and
                    the world remains and is immortal."

                    > ~Albert Pine

                  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
                      I have a single button mouse, but I decided to try alt-click on the Yahoo logo, but that didn't work. How would I find my farm?

                      ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@...> wrote:
                      > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
                      > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
                      > something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".
                      > That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
                      > part. Hope this helps...
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Tai
                      >
                      > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@...>
                      > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
                      > the top left and it would tell you.
                      > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
                      > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
                      >
                      > 'farm': '318',
                      > which tells me I am on farm 318.
                      >
                      > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
                      > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
                      > page.
                      >
                      > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
                      > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
                      > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
                      > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
                      >
                      > Vincent
                    • Simmie
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
                        It didn't work for me either -- IE, Firefox and Opera and I've got a 2-button mouse.

                        Simmie

                        ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@...> wrote:
                        > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
                        > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
                        > something like "web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com".
                        > That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
                        > part. Hope this helps...
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > Tai
                        >
                        > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@...>
                        > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
                        > the top left and it would tell you.
                        > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
                        > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
                        >
                        > 'farm': '318',
                        > which tells me I am on farm 318.
                        >
                        > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
                        > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
                        > page.
                        >
                        > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
                        > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
                        > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
                        > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
                        >
                        > Vincent

                        mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      • Vincent Jorrand
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 8, 2008
                          Another option is Ctrl-Shift-LeftClick the Help Menu and select About...

                          It should give the same pop-up as Alt-LeftClick on the Logo (and for me the logo does not work either when I use a Linux box)

                          Vincent

                          ---T. Freligh <tfreligh@yahoo. com> wrote:
                          > Alt-LeftClick still works. It gives you three lines of
                          > info: version, build, date. And then the line after it says
                          > something like "web30803.mail. mud.yahoo. com".

                          That's your farm- I'm on f308, hence the web308
                          > part. Hope this helps...
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          > Tai
                          >
                          > From: Vincent Jorrand <vjorrand@yahoo. com>
                          > That used to be easy: Alt-LeftClick the Yahoo!Mail logo in
                          > the top left and it would tell you.
                          > Now you need to do "View Page Source" and search
                          > for the word farm, it will show a like like:
                          >
                          > 'farm': '318',
                          > which tells me I am on farm 318.
                          >
                          > If the source you see does not have the "farm"
                          > text in it try to view the source for another part of the
                          > page.
                          >
                          > Also I guess that the Alt-LeftClick on the Yahoo!Mail logo
                          > also provides all the info Ryan wants: it includes the
                          > application version (1.5.0 for me) and the build number and
                          > date (1155.6 and 9/30/2008 for me)
                          >
                          > Vincent

                          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Y-Mail/ join

                          mailto:Y-Mail- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                          mailto:Y-Mail- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                        • Simmie
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 9, 2008
                            Someone on another list posted recently that the login problem with Yahoo mail is nothing but a scam.

                            Since I've had it happen with TWO of my yahoo accounts (oddly enough, both Plus! accounts), I took issue with that.

                            What they suggested as a fix was once taken to the login screen where you're asked for your password, to just hit the back button on your browser and you'll find you're still logged in.

                            YEGADS.....I was skeptical, but it worked, at least on the one account I tried it on.

                            I added hitting the Refresh button on my browser (Firefox) and I found I was still logged in.

                            Not an ideal fix, but it takes you back to where you were -- at least for me it did.

                            Simmie in San Diego