Re: [Y-Mail] Re: When will Yahoo secure Yahoo Mail?

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      At least for now, https://us.m.yahoo.com/ is available if encryption is important. The channel is encrypted with RC4 128bit.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: gc_grp <gcnews@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:46:38 PM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: When will Yahoo secure Yahoo Mail?

      A lot of people have asked about this previously, but there has not
      been a firm response on if they will ever support this. Many people
      are using public wifi now, and so this feature should be included by
      default in yahoo mail (not plus ... it should be standard for all
      yahoo mail). Please add this feature!!

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <Anonymous123@...> wrote:

      > In case you don't know, any time you access Yahoo Mail wirelessly
      > using your computer at a public access point, someone can capture all
      > they need to later access your Yahoo Mail account.  It's called
      > sidejacking and automated tools to do it have been publicly available
      > for over a year.
      >
      > There's a simple way to stop this, but it requires Yahoo to enable
      > encryption when reading Yahoo Mail.  Since they don't that means if
      > you are on a public network and you access Yahoo Mail, anyone can log
      > in as you later even if you log out when finished.
      >
      > When will Yahoo fix this?

    • Brent
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        I just tried this on my iPhone and it works great. Thanks.