Line/link wrap issue

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2008
      I don't use Yahoo often, but sometimes do so when sending a message to
      a Yahoo recipient for the first time, hoping that might somewhat
      improve the chances of the recipient getting it in this age of
      overly-aggressive spam filters (ironically, I've noticed that Yahoo
      sends many messages from its own services to Junk) and silent discards.

      Anyway, last night I sent a message from my own Yahoo account to that
      of a recipient also using Yahoo, in which I had pasted a long URL,
      much longer than would fit on my screen (using text-only composition).
      I also CC'd a copy to myself to the same yahoo address I was writing
      from and also BCC'd a copy to my Gmail account.

      And upon later opening the copy of my own message in my Yahoo Inbox, I
      found that the line length of the text of the entire message had
      apparently been "stretched" to match the length of the LONG URL I had
      copied into the message, requiring me to scroll the screen sideways
      for every line of the rather lengthy email, making it extremely
      tedious to read the entire message. Since my recipient is using Yahoo,
      I assume she too will have this same unpleasant experience in trying
      to read my message, just because I included one long URL.

      By contrast, the copy I received in my Gmail account, even though sent
      by Yahoo, was MUCH neater and more easily readable, having wrapped all
      the lines to a reasonable length well within the width of the screen
      and simply WRAPPED the long URL on to a second line, while still
      leaving it as a single clickable "unbroken" link.

      After all the time that Yahoo has been around, can they really still
      not properly format an email for greater readability? Yahoo's been
      around much longer than Gmail, so how come it still can't format an
      email decently, while Gmail has long been able to manage such a simple
      thing?

      Otherwise, does anyone know any way to address this issue in Yahoo?
      Although it might seem obvious, since I may not have explicitly said
      so, I'm talking about email sent from Yahoo webmail and read in the
      Yahoo webmail interface. And I'm using the so-called 'Classic'
      interface (I hate the new one).

      Any feedback on this issue appreciated.