When will Yahoo secure Yahoo Mail?

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11 1:00 PM
      In case you don't know, any time you access Yahoo Mail wirelessly
      using your computer at a public access point, someone can capture all
      they need to later access your Yahoo Mail account. It's called
      sidejacking and automated tools to do it have been publicly available
      for over a year.

      There's a simple way to stop this, but it requires Yahoo to enable
      encryption when reading Yahoo Mail. Since they don't that means if
      you are on a public network and you access Yahoo Mail, anyone can log
      in as you later even if you log out when finished.

      When will Yahoo fix this?
    • gc_grp
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11 7:46 PM
        A lot of people have asked about this previously, but there has not
        been a firm response on if they will ever support this. Many people
        are using public wifi now, and so this feature should be included by
        default in yahoo mail (not plus ... it should be standard for all
        yahoo mail). Please add this feature!!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <Anonymous123@...> wrote:

        > In case you don't know, any time you access Yahoo Mail wirelessly
        > using your computer at a public access point, someone can capture all
        > they need to later access your Yahoo Mail account. It's called
        > sidejacking and automated tools to do it have been publicly available
        > for over a year.
        >
        > There's a simple way to stop this, but it requires Yahoo to enable
        > encryption when reading Yahoo Mail. Since they don't that means if
        > you are on a public network and you access Yahoo Mail, anyone can log
        > in as you later even if you log out when finished.
        >
        > When will Yahoo fix this?

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
          At least for now, https://us.m.yahoo.com/ is available if encryption is important. The channel is encrypted with RC4 128bit.

          A lot of people have asked about this previously, but there has not
          been a firm response on if they will ever support this. Many people
          are using public wifi now, and so this feature should be included by
          default in yahoo mail (not plus ... it should be standard for all
          yahoo mail). Please add this feature!!

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <Anonymous123@...> wrote:

          > In case you don't know, any time you access Yahoo Mail wirelessly
          > using your computer at a public access point, someone can capture all
          > they need to later access your Yahoo Mail account.  It's called
          > sidejacking and automated tools to do it have been publicly available
          > for over a year.
          >
          > There's a simple way to stop this, but it requires Yahoo to enable
          > encryption when reading Yahoo Mail.  Since they don't that means if
          > you are on a public network and you access Yahoo Mail, anyone can log
          > in as you later even if you log out when finished.
          >
          > When will Yahoo fix this?

        • Brent
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
            I just tried this on my iPhone and it works great. Thanks.