Re: Sendeing to existing contacts... I'm in formed they aren't in my contact lis

  • Ashley Nunn
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2008
      Contact list is a list of people in your address book it also called
      Contact list. I hope that helps
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbungert" <stephenbungert@...>
      wrote:

      > What do you mean by contact list?

    • stephenbungert
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
        Glad I'm not the only one... are you still seeing this? I haven't for
        a few days but I did also have problems with my address book just like
        you described.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <postkenny-ygroups@...>
        wrote:

        > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
        >
        > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
        > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
        > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
        > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
        > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
        >
        > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
        > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
        > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
        > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
        > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
        > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
        > contacts.
        >
        > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
        > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
        > who are already added.
        >
        > Kenneth
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
        > is on you contacts list.
        > > howard

      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
          I noticed it was only happening with Firefox too.

          I just ran another test, sending myself an email from an account which I know is in the contacts list already, and my reply to that email worked as it should without exhibiting the 'not-already-in-contact-list' problem.  Perhaps it's been fixed.

          At one point I tried clearing the cache and my contact list appeared successfully, but the problem returned when I tried replying to another email from a known contact.  But not today.  Everything seems fine today.

          Is the problem still occurring for you?

          Kenneth

          wrote:

          > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
          >
          > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
          > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
          > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
          > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
          > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
          >
          > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
          > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
          > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
          > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
          > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
          > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
          > contacts.
          >
          > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
          > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
          > who are already added.
          >
          > Kenneth
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
          > is on you contacts list.
          > > howard

        • stephenbungert
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 12, 2008
            I use FF nearly all the time and haven't seen this problem for a few
            days now.