Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Sendeing to existing contacts... I'm in formed they aren't in my contact lis

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
      It's the addressbook.

      stephenbungert wrote:
      What do you mean by contact list?

          mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • Ashley Nunn
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2008
        Contact list is a list of people in your address book it also called
        Contact list. I hope that helps
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbungert" <stephenbungert@...>
        wrote:

        > What do you mean by contact list?

      • stephenbungert
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
          Glad I'm not the only one... are you still seeing this? I haven't for
          a few days but I did also have problems with my address book just like
          you described.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <postkenny-ygroups@...>
          wrote:

          > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
          >
          > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
          > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
          > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
          > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
          > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
          >
          > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
          > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
          > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
          > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
          > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
          > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
          > contacts.
          >
          > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
          > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
          > who are already added.
          >
          > Kenneth
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
          > is on you contacts list.
          > > howard

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
            I noticed it was only happening with Firefox too.

            I just ran another test, sending myself an email from an account which I know is in the contacts list already, and my reply to that email worked as it should without exhibiting the 'not-already-in-contact-list' problem.  Perhaps it's been fixed.

            At one point I tried clearing the cache and my contact list appeared successfully, but the problem returned when I tried replying to another email from a known contact.  But not today.  Everything seems fine today.

            Is the problem still occurring for you?

            Kenneth

            wrote:

            > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
            >
            > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
            > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
            > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
            > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
            > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
            >
            > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
            > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
            > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
            > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
            > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
            > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
            > contacts.
            >
            > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
            > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
            > who are already added.
            >
            > Kenneth
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
            > is on you contacts list.
            > > howard

          • stephenbungert
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 12, 2008
              I use FF nearly all the time and haven't seen this problem for a few
              days now.