Re: [Y-Mail] Sendeing to existing contacts... I'm in formed they aren't in my contact list

  • Howard White
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
      If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient is on you contacts list.
      howard

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
        What do you mean by contact list?
      • justkenneth
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
          Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.

          I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
          my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
          "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
          the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
          address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.

          Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
          open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
          behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
          my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
          between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
          I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
          contacts.

          I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
          so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
          who are already added.

          Kenneth

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Howard White <hwhite@...> wrote:

          > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
          is on you contacts list.
          > howard

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
            It's the addressbook.

            stephenbungert wrote:
            What do you mean by contact list?

                mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Ashley Nunn
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2008
              Contact list is a list of people in your address book it also called
              Contact list. I hope that helps
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbungert" <stephenbungert@...>
              wrote:

              > What do you mean by contact list?

            • stephenbungert
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
                Glad I'm not the only one... are you still seeing this? I haven't for
                a few days but I did also have problems with my address book just like
                you described.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "justkenneth" <postkenny-ygroups@...>
                wrote:

                > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
                >
                > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
                > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
                > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
                > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
                > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
                >
                > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
                > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
                > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
                > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
                > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
                > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
                > contacts.
                >
                > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
                > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
                > who are already added.
                >
                > Kenneth
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
                > >
                > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
                > is on you contacts list.
                > > howard

              • Kenneth
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 10, 2008
                  I noticed it was only happening with Firefox too.

                  I just ran another test, sending myself an email from an account which I know is in the contacts list already, and my reply to that email worked as it should without exhibiting the 'not-already-in-contact-list' problem.  Perhaps it's been fixed.

                  At one point I tried clearing the cache and my contact list appeared successfully, but the problem returned when I tried replying to another email from a known contact.  But not today.  Everything seems fine today.

                  Is the problem still occurring for you?

                  Kenneth

                  wrote:

                  > Actually, Stephen's correct. I'm seeing this happening right now.
                  >
                  > I've just replied to a message from my brother, who is definitely in
                  > my contacts list along with several hundred other people. The next
                  > "Message Sent" window says, "Recipients not in your Contacts (check
                  > the contacts you want to add):" and it then lists my brother's email
                  > address and fills in his name in the first and last name fields.
                  >
                  > Keeping that Message Sent window open in its own tab, I went back to
                  > open my contacts list in its own tab. Suddenly the contacts list is
                  > behaving very strangely. First it says that I have zero contacts in
                  > my list and displays a blank list. Then after clicking back and forth
                  > between mail folders and going back to the contacts list, it says that
                  > I have the right amount of contacts but it still doesn't list any
                  > contacts.
                  >
                  > I'm guessing there's a glitch in the interface with the contacts list
                  > so that, when sending emails, Yahoo! Mail sometimes can't find people
                  > who are already added.
                  >
                  > Kenneth
                  >

                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Howard White <hwhite@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If you look carefully, the message indicates whether the recipient
                  > is on you contacts list.
                  > > howard

                • stephenbungert
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 12, 2008
                    I use FF nearly all the time and haven't seen this problem for a few
                    days now.