Export Yahoo Email to hard drive for backup

  • bill_t_08012
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
      I have basic, free Yahoo Mail. Is there a way to backup my emails to my
      hard drive? This is solely for backup purposes. I would like to do this
      enmasse not one email at a time.
      Thanks,
      Bill.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
        the latest Zimbra desktop beta can do it, but it can take a few hours to synchronise with your online inbox, during which time you won't have access to it. I recommend running it overnight.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2008
          Y! Mail Plus is the only way to do it as one download.

          The other option is to set up an e-mail account via your ISP (if you
          haven't already) to work with Outlook/Outlook Express (or the
          equivalent for your OS if it is not Windows) and then forward all the
          messages in Yahoo to that account.

          Which would you rather spend time or money?

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2008
            Zimbra desktop synchronisation is also available to free Yahoo account holders