Re: [Y-Mail] Is this really from yahoo ?????

  • Brent
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      NO! This is not from Yahoo. Do not reply to this email.

      On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Noel Jones <noelooo@...> wrote:
      I had this following email and I dont think its really from yahoo, wher should I report it to?

      Yahoo Warning!!! ( Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed)

      Sunday, 31 August, 2008 5:22 PM
      To:
      undisclosed-recipients
      Dear Account User,

      This Email is from Yahoo! Customer Care and we are sending it to every Yahoo! Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Yahoo! accounts so we are shutting down some Yahoo! accounts and your account was among those to be deleted.We are sending you this email to so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below. Your User name,Password,Date Of Birth (DOB) and your Country information would be needed to verify your account.

      Due to the congestion in all Yahoo! users and removal of all unused Yahoo! Accounts, Yahoo! would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

      * User name: ..............................

      * Password: ................................

      * Date of Birth: ............................

      * Country Or Territory: ................

      After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

      Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy | Terms of Service | Guide to Online Security

      NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.

      To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

    • Sasafrass

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          The email address it came from was anna01@... -- that is not an official (by a long shot!) email address that Yahoo would use. Official emails from them use yahoo-inc.com.

          Simmie

          I had this following email and I dont think its really from yahoo, wher should I report it to?

          Yahoo Warning!!! ( Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed)

          Sunday, 31 August, 2008 5:22 PM
          From:
          "Yahoo! Inc" <anna01@...>
          Add sender to Contacts
          To:
[...]

        • Ange-Marie Marcel Kouame
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            Hi Brent,

            This is a scam most likely used to get into your address book and steal addresses to send out fraudulent emails.  notice the domain of the which is locomoney04, this person wasn't even wise enough to use a Y! Email address. Another thing they will most likely do is sniff your email for personal information such as credit card info and such. Be careful with emails such as this one. And ALWAYS check the domain of the email address. That's the dead giveaway. Have a good one.

            Best,

            Ange

            To:

            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____

            Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy | Terms of Service | Guide to Online Security

            NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.

            To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

          • medicrn11
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
              Besides the fact they don't ask for passwords, if you read the email
              it is written in horrible grammer and misused words, while Yahoo
              can't seem to get things like IMAPing etc, I think they could write a
              decent email.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Noel Jones <noelooo@...> wrote:

              > I had this following email and I dont think its really from yahoo,
              wher should I report it to?

              > Yahoo Warning!!! ( Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed)
              > Sunday, 31 August, 2008 5:22 PM

              > "Yahoo! Inc" <anna01@...>Add sender to Contacts
              >

              > To:
              > undisclosed-recipients
              >

              > Dear Account User,
              >
              > This Email is from Yahoo! Customer Care and we are sending it to
              every Yahoo! Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having
              congestions due to the anonymous registration of Yahoo! accounts so
              we are shutting down some Yahoo! accounts and your account was among
              those to be deleted.We are sending you this email to so that you can
              verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you
              are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space
              below. Your User name,Password,Date Of Birth (DOB) and your Country
              information would be needed to verify your account.

              > Due to the congestion in all Yahoo! users and removal of all unused
              Yahoo! Accounts, Yahoo! would be shutting down all unused Accounts,
              You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login
              Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account
              will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

              > * User name: ..............................
              >
              > * Password: ................................
              >
              > * Date of Birth: ............................
              >
              > * Country Or Territory: ................
              >
              > After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will
              not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your
              attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

              > Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account
              after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her
              account permanently.

              > Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP
              Policy | Terms of Service | Guide to Online Security

              > NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
              >
              > To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy
              Policy

              Search.

              > hasEML = false;

            • Ryan Lee
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
                Agree with all, this is a phishing attempt, total scam.
                I've seen this one before.

                Everything about it is bogus, esp. the info it asked for.
                Yahoo already has that data and would never ask for it for comfirmation.

                Also, the sender email addres is fishy too: <anna01@locomoney04. org>
                Def. not from Yahoo!