Descending/Ascending Option

  • Chuck Halverson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
      I have been a Plus user with Yahoo for a long time and have been part of the Beta group since the beginning and I still do not know why there isnt a way to permanently have the option to have the oldest at the top and the newest at the bottom. I am just finding it annoying that I have to hit on the date field everytime I check email to make sure I am reading them correctly.....I hope this is an option being worked on.

      Love Yahoo Mail though!

      Chuck Halverson
      Saint Paul, MN
    • Simmie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
        I believe if you go into Classic YahooMail, you can set that default -- that's what I did, and then returned to the new Mail (I'm a Plus user as well).

        Simmie

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
          I agree Chuck.  Thanks for reminding the group of this issue.

          Ryan, any chance that the option of setting ascending/descending order for emails, which exists in Classic Mail, can be granted to the New Mail?  Yes there's a workaround wherein we must click on the column heading each session to get the sort we want, but why not just allow our selections to stick across sessions so we don't have to do this each time?

          Thanks!

          Kenneth

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
            AMEN!!

            Paula McCartney
            "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
              My preferences have always been set that way in Classic. And they always appear that way in Classic.

              But every time I open New Mail it reverts to the default order and I have to change it again... and again... and again. Particularly annoying since I have to close Yahoo Mail (if I'm in New Mail) any time I want to work in another app, or even on another browser tab, or I get that nagging alert that Yahoo Mail isn't getting enough of my attention.

              I'd also like to see the protocol for opening the next email when you delete the previous one in New Mail be corrected so that it will only proceed in the order in which you've set your inbox. I really hate that once you've read down the list of new emails, you delete the last one and the previous one re-opens. Very annoying. It should just go back to Inbox view like it does in Classic.

              Robin

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
                I suppose if you go to Classic Mail and set the sort order to
                descending and then return to New Mail that you may think it's
                remembering your selection, but try setting the sort order to
                ascending instead. You'll soon find that the default sort order in
                New Mail is independent of the Classic Mail sort option selection
                and that it comes up as descending every time.

                I have no problem with selecting the sort option by clicking on one
                of the column headers and toggling the selection. In fact that
                gives you many more sort options as you don't need to sort by date
                alone. What I'd like though is if your selected sort could become
                the default for all subsequent sessions until you change it rather
                than having some system default forced upon you that you have to
                toggle each time you login.

                Kenneth

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Simmie <simmiejoyz@...> wrote:

                > I believe if you go into Classic YahooMail, you can set that
                default -- that's what I did, and then returned to the new Mail (I'm
                a Plus user as well).

                > Simmie

              • Steve Davis
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Halverson <chuckhalverson@...> wrote:

                  > I have been a Plus user with Yahoo for a long time and have been
                  part of the Beta group since the beginning and I still do not know why
                  there isnt a way to permanently have the option to have the oldest at
                  the top and the newest at the bottom. I am just finding it annoying
                  that I have to hit on the date field everytime I check email to make
                  sure I am reading them correctly.....I hope this is an option being
                  worked on.
                  > Love Yahoo Mail though!
                  > Chuck Halverson
                  > Saint Paul, MN

                  I agree 100%. I have never understood why anyone would want to read
                  their mail from bottom to top and am not sure why that is the default.
                  I wish I could permanently set to Ascending again.

                  Steve