Re: [Y-Mail] Re: URGENT / need help / entire INBOX gone / 3 years work

  • Michael Taylor-Judd
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 31, 2008
      Strange...

      Let me try that again: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

      Should look like this:
      Alert: If you are experiencing problems sending or receiving email through an email client, such as Outlook, please click here for information on how to resolve the issue.

      Phone

      Call us today at 1-866-562-7219.
      Agents are available Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm PST.

      Chat

      Yahoo! Mail Plus users get real time help online

      Email Us

      Yahoo! Mail New Premium Help Form

      Use this form for requesting help with Yahoo! Mail.

      Yahoo! Premium Mail Billing Form

      Use this form to request help with billing related issues.

      Yahoo! Mail Abuse Form

      Use this form to report incidents of abuse or harassment.

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 1, 2008
        tks christian, thats pretty much how i feel.

        for backup, i think an external solution is the one to go for. there
        are some systems that are specially geared for this, i will look into
        this further. and naturally, a good pop3 client will also do.

        this leaves the question of those mails in between. if i backup every
        two or three months, what happens if yahoo vanishes with all the mail
        in-between? its gone.

        so for the time being this is what i've set up today: another online
        service with nearly unlimited storage space picks up mail from yahoo
        every 15 minutes. stores it untill i might need it. peace of mind?
        to a degree.

        the main question, why has this happened, and can the user do anything
        to avoid it in future, i think will remain unanswered.

        greetings - heinz -

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Christian <cdpostbox-ygroups@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm glad your e-mail is back. Knowing a litte about how e-mail is
        stored and works I knew it was there somewhere. They probably had to
        go in and remove some rouge e-mail in your inbox which broke the
        connection between the Yahoo! Mail IU and you mail box.

        > I travel a lot all over the world myself. What saves me is my quad
        band Blackberry where I always have three months worth of Yahoo! Mail
        available. I can use the phone almost everywhere I go except Japan.

        > What I do after I had my Yahoo! Mail inbox disappear is
        downloading all mail to regular e-mail client, and then empty my
        Yahoo! account. I archive the downloaded e-mail locally. I do that
        when I have about 5K e-mails on Yahoo! since it seems like problems
        are more likely to happen with a lot of mail on the server. Too bad
        the archiving functionality in Yahoo! Mail doesn't work right. It
        actually sometimes renders the account unusable for a while if you
        try to archive a lot of messages. This may have changed lately, but I
        simply do not dare to try!

        > All in all, Yahoo! Mail Plus is a commercial service. I would be
        willing to pay more to have it more redundant with better support,
        but it doesn't seem like Yahoo! want to pursue that business further
        than the Yahoo! Mail Plus product. I am currently looking at
        solutions from Everyone.net and USA.net. Both are focusing on hosted
        commercial e-mail solutions, but I would hate to have to leave
        Yahoo!. I am used to seeing the silly logo and be proud of trusting
        my e-mail being with a company with a name like Yahoo!. If I had told
        someone in 1991 that in the next ten years one of the most important
        companies in the US will be called Yahoo! I would have been laughed
        at. Well, some people I know laugh at me now for staying with Yahoo!,
        but that's not because the name is silly, but rather since they are
        looking at Yahoo! as not being worth much these days.