Re: What's with the Yahoo search bar and links in the corner of my mail Plus acc

  • nsrq2000
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 30, 2008
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Christian <cdpostbox-ygroups@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I completely agree with everything you say. My solution is simple:
      Makes things optional! Search fields, chat and other goodies may be
      enabled by default, but I know a little bit about software
      development: It's not very hard to code options like "Hide search
      bar" or "Disable chat". What I do not like is getting things in my e-
      mail interface that has nothing to do with e-mail without the option
      to remove them. I use Yahoo! Toolbar, and have removed my browsers
      bookmark bar. I do not need yet another search bar a few pixels
      below the one I use all the time.

      <mickymse.geo@ ...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I've got to agree that it's really bothering me how noticeable it
      > is... And I don't want it there, either, but not because I think
      it's
      > an "ad" or anything like that.
      > >
      > > I feel like it's yet another example of Yahoo trying to squeeze
      > everything into my Mail interface.
      > >
      > > *SIGH* I don't NEED a search bar in my Mail GUI. I already have
      the
      > Yahoo toolbar installed, which offers me all those things just
      above
      > this window. And I also use Firefox, so I have a search bar in the
      > upper right-hand corner of my browser, too. Do I really need THREE
      > search windows now?
      > >
      > > Same complaint I had with the Chat function. Why can't it be
      > optional? I already have Messenger installed at work because I use
      > some modules and like the new mail notifications. Why do I need two
      > options for Chat if I already have one?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >

      > > Michael 8-)
      > >

      > > "Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all evidence
      > the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the
      courage
      > to reach for it, and to work for it, and to fight for it." -Barack
      Obama