Missing scroll bar in inbox and other folder

  • Betty Fellows
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
      Using new mail (which I've been using for what seems as years, in
      beta) I am now missing the scroll bars in the inbox or other folders
      windows. I have a scroll bar to go down my folder list, but not in
      the inbox or other folder. So, if I have a lot of messages, instead
      of scrolling down I have to select the last item I see and then hit
      page down. It is much less convenient.
      I'm on a Mac running 10.5.x and Firefox 3.x. I'm also using paid
      yahoo mail.

      Thanks,
      Betty
      betty@...
    • jaj43
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2008
        I have the same problem on my computer but on another computer I have
        the scroll bar is there. Anyone else having this problem or have a
        solution for the problem.

        Jerry

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Betty Fellows" <betty@...> wrote:

        > Using new mail (which I've been using for what seems as years, in
        > beta) I am now missing the scroll bars in the inbox or other folders
        > windows. I have a scroll bar to go down my folder list, but not in
        > the inbox or other folder. So, if I have a lot of messages, instead
        > of scrolling down I have to select the last item I see and then hit
        > page down. It is much less convenient.
        > I'm on a Mac running 10.5.x and Firefox 3.x. I'm also using paid
        > yahoo mail.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Betty
        > betty@...

      • quantum_flux2
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 27, 2008
          When I upgraded to FireFox 3.0.1, the vertical scroll bar in the
          preview pane vanished...yet the scroll bar is still visible in the
          reading pane....running on Windows XP Service Pack 3.

          When I go to Yahoo Mail on IE7, all of the scroll bars are just where
          they should be.

          I can force the vertical scroll bar to appear for the preview pane by
          using the Firefox add-on called "Stylish" but this isn't a good
          solution because scroll bars appear everywhere....using the following
          css code inside Stylish: body *{overflow-y: auto !important;}

          Something changed in Firefox or Yahoo Mail and there is no setting
          that I can find as a user to fix it. Hopefully if enough people
          report it to Yahoo they'll fix it soon.
        • jmchaur
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2008
            This is a known problem with FF3. and not just with ymail.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "quantum_flux2" <jveneruso@...> wrote:

            > When I upgraded to FireFox 3.0.1, the vertical scroll bar in the
            > preview pane vanished...yet the scroll bar is still visible in the
            > reading pane....running on Windows XP Service Pack 3.
            >
            > When I go to Yahoo Mail on IE7, all of the scroll bars are just where
            > they should be.
            >
            > I can force the vertical scroll bar to appear for the preview pane by
            > using the Firefox add-on called "Stylish" but this isn't a good
            > solution because scroll bars appear everywhere....using the following
            > css code inside Stylish: body *{overflow-y: auto !important;}
            >
            > Something changed in Firefox or Yahoo Mail and there is no setting
            > that I can find as a user to fix it. Hopefully if enough people
            > report it to Yahoo they'll fix it soon.

          • fiction_scribe
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2008
              Y!M+ account / Farm 835 / FF 3.0.1 / XP Pro
              I can scroll up and down in my inbox, in other folders, and in the
              preview pane. And I can even scroll up and down in my inbox with the
              preview pane open.
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jmchaur" <jmchaur@...> wrote:

              > This is a known problem with FF3. and not just with ymail.

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "quantum_flux2" <jveneruso@> wrote:
              > >
              > > When I upgraded to FireFox 3.0.1, the vertical scroll bar in the
              > > preview pane vanished...yet the scroll bar is still visible in the
              > > reading pane....running on Windows XP Service Pack 3.
              > >
              > > When I go to Yahoo Mail on IE7, all of the scroll bars are just where
              > > they should be.
              > >
              > > I can force the vertical scroll bar to appear for the preview pane by
              > > using the Firefox add-on called "Stylish" but this isn't a good
              > > solution because scroll bars appear everywhere....using the following
              > > css code inside Stylish: body *{overflow-y: auto !important;}
              > >
              > > Something changed in Firefox or Yahoo Mail and there is no setting
              > > that I can find as a user to fix it. Hopefully if enough people
              > > report it to Yahoo they'll fix it soon.

            • George Hutfilz
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 30, 2008
                Here is one PC World columnist's take on a way around the problem. He
                doesn't know the root cause. I personally do not have the issue.

                http://www.pcworld.com/article/150479

                George Hutfilz