DRAFTS folder workaround - thanks for teh suggestions

  • Bruce McCaskey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008

      I can't imagine why anyone would want "auto delete from DRAFTS folder when sent"...   to not only be the default, but to be the only option for the fate of their drafts. Maybe I'm just being egocentric here... tell me, how does the other half live?

      and was there a poll taken?

      What is the current feedback?

      Am I the only person who found this teribly inconvenient?

      What problem were people saying it caused? an extra keystroke?  Anyone want to tell me why there couldn't  be an option to toggle for either "automatically delete sent drafts" or "leave draft in DRAFTS folder when sent"  ?

      Ryan? Anybody?

      Simmie:

      setting up a "drafts" folder is in fact what I have done, so I guess it's the harmonic convergence working just fine (we are on the same wavelength).

      And yes, Ryan, I did notice the FORWARD feature jacks up my formatting, so that input is also helpful - confirms I am on the right track with trying to workaround.

        **I**  never complained that Ymail wasn't like Gmail or Outlook - I never thought consciously about Ymail at all (it waslike my hands- I never think about my hands as hands - I just use them) or even subscribed to this list until I lost one feature I used intensively and suddenly I wanted to know what the heck happened.

      Not being a progreammer, I have no idea why I can't leave drafts in my draft folder now that
      new drafts autosave ; I have no idea how or why new drafts autosaving  would conflict with retaining my drafts in DRAFTS when they also go out to recipients and to the SENT folder.

       argh -
      computers...

      At least I'm not trying to upgrade to Win 98... (I worked for Microsoft back then... talk about a cluster****)

    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
        As another user who depended heavily on drafts, I can tell you that not auto-deleting drafts from the Draft folder would have been useful for me, but by no means a solution. As long as all emails auto-update their draft mode, the draft that I started with is highly likely to be overwritten while I'm composing it, thus my template will be gone either way.

        At Ryan's suggestion, I've begun sending myself the template and then later replying to it in order to generate my customized posts. It works great! with one caveat: in the course of trying out various work-arounds, most of my templates have at one point or another become the result of copy and paste. These drafts are now useless, because their formatting has changed.

        Once I recompose all my templates and send them to myself, I should be fine. I would recommend this to Bruce and anyone else who relies on drafts as templates. I still haven't worked out why I sometimes get the blue indent bar when I do this, but I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

        Robin