OT - Outlook Error

  • Judith Dayhoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 1:58 PM
      I know that this is off-topic but there are a lot of smart people in
      this group so I thought I might see if any of you can help. I have
      recently bought a new computer running Vista. I installed MS Office and
      everything works but Outlook. I use Outlook to dump my e-mail from
      Yahoo for future use and to keep my inbox uncluttered. I cannot open
      Outlook. The error message is "Unable to open your default e-mail
      folders. The information store could not open." My e-mail account is
      set up right because I had a test e-mail sent and that came through.
      Anyone have any ideas?
    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 2:10 PM
        In Outlook, click on the File pull-down menu.  Then select "Data File Management..."  Check to see whether the Outlook Data Files identified on the pop-up window do exist at exactly the location shown.