Re: [Y-Mail] Re: What is so horribly wrong with Yahoo! Mail these days?

  • Ryan Lee
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
      me 2.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Christian <cdpostbox-ygroups@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:41:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: What is so horribly wrong with Yahoo! Mail these days?

      Hi,

      I'll take having auto save to draft any day over all other draft related features. I do not know how many times I've been sitting there looking at my wonderfully written masterpiece of an e-mail and then something happens like a browser crash, kid pulling the plug, ghost in the machine etc, and my masterpiece is gone. That hasn't happened after auto save. So do NOT take that away EVER! :) And no, I will not remember to hit "save to draft". I just won't. I know it, because I didn't when I had to.

      I'll strangle Ryan or tell MS to purchase Yahoo (or both!) if that feature is taken away again! :)

      --
      Christian

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
        Thanks Christian - slightly emphatically put, but nevertheless I agree with you. I think I'm also in the fortunate majority who thought the change to auto-save drafts was a great one.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2008
          Please forgive me, Ryan and group, if I cast Ryan's comments in an unfavorable light. Ryan has been exceedingly helpful to me since he came on board, as well as being very polite.

          His last communication to me regarding this problem in mid-March did indicate that the "vast majority" of YM users prefer the new draft system, and although the YM team considered it important to try to meet the needs of the rest of us, I should try to make the copy-and-paste options work for me. I don't mind reminding him once in a while that we're still a grumbling minority, trying to keep our sanity in an increasingly email-dependent world.

          Note to the group member who objected to this thread: On the whole, I love Yahoo mail (and have never compared it to gmail or Outlook!) and most of the new upgrades to both NM and Classic are great. It's been wonderful having this forum to express our opinions as the protocol moved through the various versions. It's a forum that Yahoo supports, and members should not be shot down for expressing their opinions about the product they've been asked to critique.

          Robin

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 8, 2008
            And that's without mentioning Calendar & Notepad ... it's becoming
            ridiculous... starting to believe that only Microsoft will be able to
            finish the work for you ...