Re: [Y-Mail] New email domains

  • Simmie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2008
      Something else to keep in mind, for those of us who like the function of two email addresses dumping into one account: When you choose a ymail.com email address and want to add a second address to the account (i.e., simmie@... and sim@...), the second email has to be a yahoo.com domain -- it doesn't follow the first email address.

      Simmie

      --- On Sun, 6/22/08, rebsweb <rebkin@...> wrote:
      Hello all,
      I've been a member of this group before [Webby/Lake Flurries]. Was very pleased when I read about the new domains they'd added and thought that now I'd be able to get my «real» screen name. That I did. All was fine.

      When I decided to sign up for this group again I was told I had to have a profile first and to chose a screen name. Of course Rebkin didn't work because that was taken long time ago...by rebkin at yahoo dot com.

      Had do make something up in order to get a profile. When I went into Profiles I noticed that a profile page was already created when I signed up for the account with my full email addy stated as Yahoo ID at the top.

      So in order to sign up for a group with this account [which will be my default], I must sign up for a secondary profile because you cannot use an email address as a group ID and there's no way you can edit it because it's your ID.

      I'm wondering if this was really thought through.

      This was obviously not a question...merely something to perhaps bear in mind.

      Cheerio and glad to be back.

      Rebkin