Re: NEW POLL - on problems with Yahoo PLUS mail accounts

  • justkenneth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
      You're exactly right, Brent. I have Yahoo! Mail Plus but I don't
      ever use it to retrieve non-Yahoo! POP mail, so I have no basis upon
      which to answer the poll question.

      Kenneth

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Brent <flapdoodle@...> wrote:

      > Yahoo acknowledged that there was a problem with retrieving non-
      yahoo pop
      > email. They also said that a fix was being rolled out. One reason
      there in
      > not much input to the poll is that maybe there are not many folks
      are using
      > this feature.
      >
      > On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM, bobandkristihardin <
      > bobandkristihardin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimntempe@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > There is a new poll in the polls section on whether you are
      having
      > > > problems with Yahoo's Plus Mail retrieveing non-yahoo POP mail.
      > > >
      > > After a day or two, only ten people have answered the poll. We
      now
      > > know the answer. Not enough of the customers care. So Yahoo
      does not
      > > care! They will put their energy where people care. I think I
      will
      > > try moving to Go Daddy. My experience is they always care!

    • Nancy J
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
        As others have written, I didn't respond to the poll -- not because I don't care -- but because I have not yet used the service that way. I certainly hope that Yahoo does care about the issue, and fixes it. One day I may want to use POP for non Yahoo mail.

        L8!

        Nancy J
        "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
        lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
        www.cindyalexander.com

        http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

        > There is a new poll in the polls section on whether you are having
        > problems with Yahoo's Plus Mail retrieveing non-yahoo POP mail.

        After a day or two, only ten people have answered the poll. We now
        know the answer. Not enough of the customers care. So Yahoo does not
        care! They will put their energy where people care. I think I will
        try moving to Go Daddy. My experience is they always care!

      • Greg Spradlin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
          I have about nine pop accounts coming into a yahoo plus account and
          really like it.

          Managing different websites it really saves time to be able to check
          mail all at one place.

          Over the years it has worked out great........but in the last two
          weeks of not being able to receive mail from my additional accounts is
          a real downer, to put it lightly.

          If I didn't already have copies coming into a gmail account, I would
          be lost.

          I'll be glad when they fix whatever is wrong.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Brent <flapdoodle@...> wrote:

          > Yahoo acknowledged that there was a problem with retrieving
          non-yahoo pop
          > email. They also said that a fix was being rolled out. One reason
          there in
          > not much input to the poll is that maybe there are not many folks
          are using
          > this feature.
          >
          > On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM, bobandkristihardin <
          > bobandkristihardin@...> wrote:
          >
          > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimntempe@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > There is a new poll in the polls section on whether you are having
          > > > problems with Yahoo's Plus Mail retrieveing non-yahoo POP mail.
          > > >
          > > After a day or two, only ten people have answered the poll. We now
          > > know the answer. Not enough of the customers care. So Yahoo does not
          > > care! They will put their energy where people care. I think I will
          > > try moving to Go Daddy. My experience is they always care!

        • Simmie
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
            I use Yahoo to pop my roadrunner email...nice feature. I've only had a couple of times where it told me the server was busy, but no other problems to speak of.

            I never saw the announcement with the link for the poll, but life has been a bit busy for me, so I may have missed it in my rush to read mail.

            Simmie

            --- On Wed, 6/4/08, justkenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

            > You're exactly right, Brent. I have Yahoo! Mail Plus
            > but I don't
            > ever use it to retrieve non-Yahoo! POP mail, so I have no
            > basis upon
            > which to answer the poll question.
            >
            > Kenneth
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Brent <flapdoodle@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Yahoo acknowledged that there was a problem with
            > retrieving non-
            > yahoo pop
            > > email. They also said that a fix was being rolled out.
            > One reason
            > there in
            > > not much input to the poll is that maybe there are not
            > many folks
            > are using
            > > this feature.
            > >
            > > On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM, bobandkristihardin
            > <
            > > bobandkristihardin@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"

            > whether you are
            > having
            > retrieveing non-yahoo POP mail.
            > > > >
            > > > After a day or two, only ten people have answered
            > the poll. We
            > now
            > > > know the answer. Not enough of the customers
            > care. So Yahoo
            > does not
            > > > care! They will put their energy where people
            > care. I think I
            > will
            > > > try moving to Go Daddy. My experience is they
            > always care!

          • Brent
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2008
              Update from Ryan: