Re: Delay in mail retrieved from other POP3 servers showing up in Yahoo Mail Inbox

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 8:54 AM
      Yahoo mail is completly screwed up. It no longer retrives my non-
      yahoo pop accounts correctly or at all. When it does manage to snag
      a few it no longer filters them into the proper folders but somehow
      puts them in the regular inbox and labels them as being addressed to
      my yahoo acount instead of my non-yahoo account even thought that's
      where they were actually sent. "Chatting" online with a yahoo chat
      person I was told that they have been putting in new servers and
      things are not working right but they are working to get it fixed
      immediately. Well, it's been a week and things are still screwed up
      and yahoo seems to be saying nothing about it. I have also gotten
      duplicate messages occasionally. This service continues to slide
      downhill at an increasingly rapid rate. It's really a shame, it used
      to be a good service but slowly they are elminating all the things
      that made it good including having it work at all.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <Anonymous123@...> wrote:

      > I noticed today that when I used Yahoo Mail to retrieve mail from a
      > non-Yahoo POP3 server, it took a few minutes for that message to
      then
      > appear in my Inbox. Normally it just immediately shows up.
      >
      > I decided to run a test with another webmail provider. I have Yahoo
      > set up to grab all mail from that provider and then delete the mail,
      > all using POP3.
      >
      > I sent an email to my non-Yahoo account and then verified that it
      was
      > received. I then used Yahoo Mail to get the email from the other
      > provider using POP3 (under the Check Mail pulldown).
      >
      > At this point the mail was gone from my other provider (meaning
      Yahoo