Delay in mail retrieved from other POP3 servers showing up in Yahoo Mail Inbox

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2008
      I noticed today that when I used Yahoo Mail to retrieve mail from a
      non-Yahoo POP3 server, it took a few minutes for that message to then
      appear in my Inbox. Normally it just immediately shows up.

      I decided to run a test with another webmail provider. I have Yahoo
      set up to grab all mail from that provider and then delete the mail,
      all using POP3.

      I sent an email to my non-Yahoo account and then verified that it was
      received. I then used Yahoo Mail to get the email from the other
      provider using POP3 (under the Check Mail pulldown).

      At this point the mail was gone from my other provider (meaning Yahoo
      grabbed and deleted it), but it was not in my Yahoo Inbox. I kept
      hitting "Check Mail" in Yahoo Mail periodically and it showed up about
      2 minutes later.

      To see if it was just Yahoo being slow, I sent an email to my Yahoo
      address and it showed up immediately.

      So where did the email that Yahoo retrieved via POP3 go for two minutes?
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2008
        Yahoo mail is completly screwed up. It no longer retrives my non-
        yahoo pop accounts correctly or at all. When it does manage to snag
        a few it no longer filters them into the proper folders but somehow
        puts them in the regular inbox and labels them as being addressed to
        my yahoo acount instead of my non-yahoo account even thought that's
        where they were actually sent. "Chatting" online with a yahoo chat
        person I was told that they have been putting in new servers and
        things are not working right but they are working to get it fixed
        immediately. Well, it's been a week and things are still screwed up
        and yahoo seems to be saying nothing about it. I have also gotten
        duplicate messages occasionally. This service continues to slide
        downhill at an increasingly rapid rate. It's really a shame, it used
        to be a good service but slowly they are elminating all the things
        that made it good including having it work at all.