Spam filters working?

  • Lloyd Haskins
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9 9:26 AM
      Lately I've been seeing a lot of Canadian Pharmacy spam in my Inbox, 2
      so far today. I mean the name and the subject line are plainly spam.
      So I look at the actual sender, and it's a DomainKeys certified Yahoo!
      user. Are they letting in DomainKeys spammers again? I had reset my
      filter when they started coming in, but that didn't seem to help. I
      used to see one or two spam mails per week, and now it seems that it's
      several per day. If Yahoo! is somehow treating DomainKeys certified
      users special, that either needs to be turned off or given as an option
      on the spam options page.
    • Mario Sergio
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9 9:47 AM
        Are you reporting those emails as spams? You still can use filters to it.
        No spams here at all.

        Um abraço,
        Mario Sergio.

        Lately I've been seeing a lot of Canadian Pharmacy spam in my Inbox, 2
        so far today.  I mean the name and the subject line are plainly spam.
        So I look at the actual sender, and it's a DomainKeys certified Yahoo!
        user.  Are they letting in DomainKeys spammers again?  I had reset my
        filter when they started coming in, but that didn't seem to help.  I
        used to see one or two spam mails per week, and now it seems that it's
        several per day.  If Yahoo! is somehow treating DomainKeys certified
        users special, that either needs to be turned off or given as an option
        on the spam options page.

            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Christian Dysthe
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9 12:32 PM
          Hi,

          I can confirm that I am getting those also in addition to tons of fake lottery ones which used to be caught as well.

          --
          Christian

          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 8:42 PM
            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Mario Sergio

            > Are you reporting those emails as spams? You still can use filters to
            it.
            > No spams here at all.

            I hit the Spam button, if that's what you mean. I don't send the
            DomainKeys certified emails in to abuse@... since I was doing it
            so much. I'd use filters for spams as a last resort since that does not
            train the spam filter. I don't think anything made it through today, it
            seems.

            Thanks,
            Lloyd

            > Um abraço,
            > Mario Sergio.

          • too_much green_tea
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16 7:59 PM
              I'm wondering if this had anything to do with this:
              http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080510-security-flaw-turns-gmail-into-open-relay-server.html

              href="mailto:Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com">Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com