Y! search issue

  • fiction_scribe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
      If I'm searching for something in [new] Y!M Search and put my quarry
      between quotation marks, why o why does Search turn up things that do
      not exactly match the content of the quotation marks.

      Example
      ".edu"
      would get results with the following highlighted
      "education"
      "educator"
      "educate"
      and that's not what I searched for!
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
        Did you try it without the quotes?

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2008
          Yes, even though putting things in quotes is the standard way of
          saying I want exactly this - at least it is in Google.