Re: Problem with "New Mail"

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
      no, what I'm talking about is when you want to send a email to an
      address located elsewhere on the web (like on Craigslist or any other
      webpage) when I click on the the other person's email address instead
      of my compose message window popping up, I am directed to
      the "welcome screen" of my Yahoo mail.(which doesn't help me out at
      all!) Maybe I am not describing my problem accurately. All I know is
      that it is very frustating because before Yahoo changed the mail I
      could click on an email address on a webpage and have my compose
      message window pop up and then easily send an email. Now it is
      harder because I have to cut/paste the other person's address to my
      email.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Richardson" <toddgrich@...>
      wrote:

      > If you are looking at an address in the body of the email, that
      > works perfectly for me.
      >
      > I did notice that I can only click on the sender of the email - I
      > cannot click on the other email addresses in the CC fields.
      > However, clicking on the sender creates a search for other email
      > FROM the same source. interesting feature.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <tigger1514@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ever since Yahoo changed to this "new mail" (which I HATE by the
      > way)
      > > I can't click on someone's email address(like to reply to a
      > Craigslist
      > > ad) and then have the compose window pop up with the address
      > already
      > > filled out. When I click on a address to send an email, I am
      > directed
      > > to the Welcome page of my mail. So then I have to click compose,
      > and
      > > then go back and cut/paste the email address to the message.
      > > My computer is already set to have Yahoo mail as my mail provider
      > under
      > > the options setting. I haven't changed any settings on my
      > computer.
      > > Prior to this new mail the other day, it was working just fine.
      > > It's driving me crazy. Is anyone else having this same problem
      or
      > does
      > > anyone know how I can fix it? I already asked for help from
      Yahoo