Yahoo Mail doesn't log you out of chat when you cloes the Yahoo Mail window.

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 7:49 AM
      I've been noticing lately that if I'm logged into Yahoo Mail's chat
      and just close the page's tab, then if I go back to the mail page
      without about 15 to 30 minutes, I'm not automatically logged back into
      chat. I figured that it took a while for the chat to log out after I
      closed the Yahoo Mail page.

      Today I was over at someone's house and I noticed that when they were
      in Yahoo Mail, it showed that I was online. Well considering my PC
      had been off for over 12 hours, this wasn't correct. I logged into
      Yahoo Mail on another machine and it logged into chat. I then logged
      out and I disappeared off the online list of my friend.

      From my testing I've found that once you log into chat on Yahoo Mail,
      you will still show online after closing the web browser unless you do
      one of the following:
      1. Sign out of chat.
      2. Log out on the mail page.

      If you don't do either of those 2, you'll be online forever. I'm
      pretty sure this isn't the way it used to be.