Inline attachments

  • Phil Rose
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2008
      Hello all, can anyone tell me if there is a way to force Yahoo to send
      an image inline instead of simply as a little paperclip? I want to
      send out a picture email but can't work out how. Sometimes it comes as
      an attachment and others as an inline image but I can't work out what
      I'm doing differently if anything or if it's just to do with the
      recipients' system.

      Thanks for any help you can offer.

      Phil
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hmmm ... not easily, I don't think.

        If you can send via SMTP, that's probably the easiest. Just use a desktop client (e.g. thuderbird). :D

        If you are using webmail, you can drag images from other webpages into the rich-text enabled compose area, and those images will appear as inline in the email, but that would mean you'll have to upload the images somewhere else first.

        The inline attachment problem ... if I understand it correctly ... is that in the end attachments are referenced according to the message ID. So unless the drag and drop after upload is implemented into the mail interface, it would be very hard to find the permanent URL to refer to and load as inline BEFORE the message is sent.