Question: Opening MSG into new window?

  • MATTN4
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 24 3:18 AM
      Hello.

      It seems like the link (it was just a small graphic about fav icon size)  that would allow one to open a current  message into a new window (entirely outside of the tab interface and current browser window)  has disappeared from the UI.   If I recall correctly, this icon used to appear in the upper right hand side of a message.   (While composing a message, I recall this  link  appearing where the  icon/link which allows you to  "convert this message [e/c/t]" currently appears.
      [I'm using IE7/FF2 under Vista/XP]

       Did a new short cut or menu item replace the open in new window  function previously provided by icon link?   Please let me know.   Thanks!

      ###

      ps: I found this open in new window feature very useful.  It is very convenient  when composing a message and you find it necessary to look at existing messages while you compose.   This feature is also common in the Gmail interface.

      When right clicking  [FF2] on a message in the folder view (Inbox), then holding down "shift" while selecting "enter" causes a new window to appear, with the following error message:
      http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/troubleLoading?prob=QS
      Trouble logging in? (error code: querystring_mismatch)
      [rest of text cut]

    • Frankie Luo
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 24 7:49 AM
        open a current  message into a new window is no longer anymore :)

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
          re-bringing up an old topic, but why did this feature get removed? i
          really think it is an extremely useful feature to have a new window
          open up for both reading (sometimes) and composing messages.

          I really think this option should be revived. Anyway, just an opinion
          and suggestion that I think would make yahoo mail better and more
          functional for some people.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Frankie Luo <frankie.luo@...> wrote:

          > open a current message into a new window is no longer anymore :)

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008

            I too miss that feature and would love to see it re-implemented.

            Kenneth

            re-bringing up an old topic, but why did this feature get removed? i
            really think it is an extremely useful feature to have a new window
            open up for both reading (sometimes) and composing messages.

            I really think this option should be revived. Anyway, just an opinion
            and suggestion that I think would make yahoo mail better and more
            functional for some people.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Frankie Luo <frankie.luo@ ...> wrote:

            > open a current message into a new window is no longer anymore :)

          • Robin Siegel
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
              Just curious: How is it better for a message to pop open in a new window? I can see it being handy in Classic (although having two windows or FF tabs open will often crash Yahoo for me) but in New Mail, isn't it just as good to have it open a new Yahoo tab?

              Just curious.

              Robin Siegel
              Stealth Volunteers, Moderator
              Volunteer, Montgomery County Humane Society http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel/sets/72157594579349103/

              I too miss that feature and would love to see it re-implemented.

              Kenneth

              re-bringing up an old topic, but why did this feature get removed? i
              really think it is an extremely useful feature to have a new window
              open up for both reading (sometimes) and composing messages.

              I really think this option should be revived. Anyway, just an opinion
              and suggestion that I think would make yahoo mail better and more
              functional for some people.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Frankie Luo <frankie.luo@ ...> wrote:

              > open a current message into a new window is no longer anymore :)

            • fiction_scribe
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
                Only if it is OPTIONAL, I like my tabs, Thank-you-very-much.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <postkenny-ygroups@...> wrote:

                > I too miss that feature and would love to see it re-implemented.
                >
                > Kenneth

              • Kenneth
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 5, 2008
                  Exactly!  We're asking for a feature that used to exist in "All-new-Mail" and it was optional.  Since some users never knew it existed, it must not have been a distraction or an inconvenience to those who aren't inclined to use it.   Therefore, why not restore it for those of us who want it?

                  Kenneth

                  Only if it is OPTIONAL, I like my tabs, Thank-you-very- much.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Kenneth <postkenny-ygroups@ ...> wrote:

                  > I too miss that feature and would love to see it re-implemented.
                  >
                  > Kenneth

                • Zachary Fisk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                    I'm also still suffering this loss of a feature. Yes tabs are nice and I did use them when the popup window option was available. Basically whichever is best for the job. The optional popup window allowed you to reference an email(s) while composing another email. Does anyone know why it was removed? We should send a poll to ALL (LOL) yahoo mail users and see if there is interest in bringing it back.

                    Zachary Fisk
                    http://www.bobbarr2008.com/
                    vote third party 2008
                    Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made. - Otto VanBismarck (1815-1898)

                    Exactly!  We're asking for a feature that used to exist in "All-new-Mail" and it was optional.  Since some users never knew it existed, it must not have been a distraction or an inconvenience to those who aren't inclined to use it.   Therefore, why not restore it for those of us who want it?

                    Kenneth

                    Only if it is OPTIONAL, I like my tabs, Thank-you-very- much.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Kenneth <postkenny-ygroups@ ...> wrote:

                    > I too miss that feature and would love to see it re-implemented.
                    >
                    > Kenneth

                  • fiction_scribe
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 18, 2008
                      I just go back and forth between the tabs, which allows me to
                      reference one or more e-mails while composing one or more e-mails (of
                      course this isn't in Y!M Classic).