Re: Yahoo email delivery problems

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I talked with our head anti-spam guy about this and provided a response
      that he wanted me to share.

      -----------------------

      I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration receiving messages in your
      Yahoo! mail account. Over the past week, an overeager anti-spam filter
      caused a small fraction of our worldwide users to experience delays
      receiving inbound messages. Depending on how the systems that sent the
      mail were configured, these messages were either delayed or returned to
      the original sender.

      Our engineers have been working furiously on a solution both to the
      current problem and to the underlying circumstances that allowed it to
      develop. We made several adjustments last week, in addition to our
      ongoing efforts to ensure a safe and reliable e-mail experience.

      There is a large group of bad guys out there doing everything in their
      power to flood the Internet with spam, and we at Yahoo! Mail must make a
      careful balance of eliminating as much spam as possible without
      interfering with the legitimate mail our users want to receive. This
      time, a filter went too far, and for that I am sorry. Please accept my
      apology, and recognize that while, as the largest mail platform in the
      world, we cannot always respond directly to user comments, we certainly
      do not wish to give the impression that we do not care or are taking any
      one of you for granted.

      Sincerely yours,
      Mark
      Yahoo! Mail