Re: Yahoo mail doesn't work properly on my new home PC but is fine on other ones. Ho

  • Ciprian Murariu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
      I think the new Yahoo Mail makes use of lots of Java (not sure if they
      call it AJAX though) and CSS, but as far as for java, some Browser
      settings might prevent certain functions to beahave. I'd also try
      changing/reseting the security settings of my browser (IE7 on your
      clean home pc) to Medium or Medium/low. If that doesn't help, it might
      probably means that your farm is still on the previous version (1.0.9 I
      think), which caused me lots of troubles like those that you described.
      At that time, all I could do was to be patient and wait for the new
      version (1.1.0) to migrate on my farm (308).
      So, in short, don't throw your pc away, it's not its fault but totally
      Yahoo, I guess, as it happened to my old & well configured pc as well.

      Good luck anyway!
      Ciprian M.

      > Have you tried clearing the cache & temp internet files?
      >
      > badaz_mfer wrote:
      > > Here's the problem, which Yahoo support has given me zero help with.

    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
        I know what you mean....