Yahoo mail doesn't work properly on my new home PC but is fine on other ones. Ho

  • badaz_mfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
      Here's the problem, which Yahoo support has given me zero help with.

      I use Yahoo mail (not the classic version) and can do anything and
      everything with it from other PCs but the situation is different from
      my new one. I can log in and see my messages in the inbox and other
      folders but cannot bring them up in a screen by themselves, delete
      them, move them to another folder, respond to them, and I cannot
      compose or click on any of the links such as "options" at the top of
      the screen.

      After logging in, I cannot log out from the mail screen, I have to go
      to another part of yahoo, like the homepage.

      All other functions of this account (i.e. Messenger, Answers) work
      fine.

      I'm running Windows XP Professional.

      Any help would be appreciated.
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
        Have you tried clearing the cache & temp internet files?

        badaz_mfer wrote:
        > Here's the problem, which Yahoo support has given me zero help with.
        >
        > I use Yahoo mail (not the classic version) and can do anything and
        > everything with it from other PCs but the situation is different from
        > my new one. I can log in and see my messages in the inbox and other
        > folders but cannot bring them up in a screen by themselves, delete
        > them, move them to another folder, respond to them, and I cannot
        > compose or click on any of the links such as "options" at the top of
        > the screen.
        >
        > After logging in, I cannot log out from the mail screen, I have to go
        > to another part of yahoo, like the homepage.
        >
        > All other functions of this account (i.e. Messenger, Answers) work
        > fine.
        >
        > I'm running Windows XP Professional.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mario Sergio
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
          "
          > I'm running Windows XP Professional."

          That's the problem babe! -lol (couldn't resist, sorry)

          Um abraço,
          Mario Sergio.

          badaz_mfer wrote:

          > Here's the problem, which Yahoo support has given me zero help with.
          >
          > I use Yahoo mail (not the classic version) and can do anything and
          > everything with it from other PCs but the situation is different from
          > my new one. I can log in and see my messages in the inbox and other
          > folders but cannot bring them up in a screen by themselves, delete
          > them, move them to another folder, respond to them, and I cannot
          > compose or click on any of the links such as "options" at the top of
          > the screen.
          >
          > After logging in, I cannot log out from the mail screen, I have to go
          > to another part of yahoo, like the homepage.
          >
          > All other functions of this account (i.e. Messenger, Answers) work
          > fine.
          >
          > I'm running Windows XP Professional.
          >
          > Any help would be appreciated.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ciprian Murariu
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
            I think the new Yahoo Mail makes use of lots of Java (not sure if they
            call it AJAX though) and CSS, but as far as for java, some Browser
            settings might prevent certain functions to beahave. I'd also try
            changing/reseting the security settings of my browser (IE7 on your
            clean home pc) to Medium or Medium/low. If that doesn't help, it might
            probably means that your farm is still on the previous version (1.0.9 I
            think), which caused me lots of troubles like those that you described.
            At that time, all I could do was to be patient and wait for the new
            version (1.1.0) to migrate on my farm (308).
            So, in short, don't throw your pc away, it's not its fault but totally
            Yahoo, I guess, as it happened to my old & well configured pc as well.

            Good luck anyway!
            Ciprian M.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
              I know what you mean....