Yahoo email delivery problems

  • C. Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      I'm having a very frustrating problem. I'm not getting mail from several people who are using
      non-Yahoo email accounts. The messages either bounce back to them, or are delivered late.
      I'm not getting these emails and many times they are delivered hours or days after being
      sent. Last night, Yahoo Messenger listed two messages as being received in my inbox, but
      neither have actually showed up. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a fix? Appreciate any
      help or ideas.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        Several of us are experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, Yahoo!
        does no recognize this issue, and NOTHING is done about it. Sorry I
        can't offer more helpful support, contacting Yahoo! is an option. Though
        in my case at least, it's the equivelent of pulling your own hair out.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "C. Cozad-Rudinger" <zadrud1@...> wrote:

        > I'm having a very frustrating problem. I'm not getting mail from
        several people who are using
        > non-Yahoo email accounts. The messages either bounce back to them, or
        are delivered late.
        > I'm not getting these emails and many times they are delivered hours
        or days after being
        > sent. Last night, Yahoo Messenger listed two messages as being
        received in my inbox, but
        > neither have actually showed up. Anyone know what's going on? Is there
        a fix? Appreciate any
        > help or ideas.

      • Ryan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
          Hi everyone,

          I talked with our head anti-spam guy about this and provided a response
          that he wanted me to share.

          -----------------------

          I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration receiving messages in your
          Yahoo! mail account. Over the past week, an overeager anti-spam filter
          caused a small fraction of our worldwide users to experience delays
          receiving inbound messages. Depending on how the systems that sent the
          mail were configured, these messages were either delayed or returned to
          the original sender.

          Our engineers have been working furiously on a solution both to the
          current problem and to the underlying circumstances that allowed it to
          develop. We made several adjustments last week, in addition to our
          ongoing efforts to ensure a safe and reliable e-mail experience.

          There is a large group of bad guys out there doing everything in their
          power to flood the Internet with spam, and we at Yahoo! Mail must make a
          careful balance of eliminating as much spam as possible without
          interfering with the legitimate mail our users want to receive. This
          time, a filter went too far, and for that I am sorry. Please accept my
          apology, and recognize that while, as the largest mail platform in the
          world, we cannot always respond directly to user comments, we certainly
          do not wish to give the impression that we do not care or are taking any
          one of you for granted.

          Sincerely yours,
          Mark
          Yahoo! Mail